• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suede NST’s, Forest last

4767BE88-C457-49E4-A027-C59AB6AC94B0.jpeg

49FC8ABB-D051-44C1-B537-0F7CCF94DA1A.jpeg

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considering selling my Amaretto Shell Cordovan wing tip boots, size 8UK on the Llubi last. Storm welt, double JR soles. Literally about 5 hours of wear. PM if interested. Will get more pics tomorrow when I have better light.

Attachments

• 20191118_204926.jpg
    20191118_204926.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 20191118_204933.jpg
    20191118_204933.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 111

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
So, which one is it? Is Genova-sizing comparable to Uetam or Xim (half a size larger)?

I ended up taking my Xim size.

For reference, I'm "almost" 10.5D US, so usually I take UK 9.5 in most Carmina last, and UK 10 in Simpson. For loafers, though, I generally take a half-size down from my usual size. As a result, I wear UK 9.5 for Simpson loafers, as well as Uetam.

I take UK 9 Xim and for an unlined loafers, it pretty OK (a little little little bit loose). Uetam UK 9.5 is pretty snug and I think it's pretty good fit.

I found Genova UK 9 to be very snug, a little more snug than Uetam 9.5 but also pretty comfortable (probably due to shape of the last), but this is not-yet-broken-in so it might loosen over time.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think I need some shearling boots for winter.
@Carmina

We have a couple boots with fur lining if you are interested.

Does anyone know what's up with Carmina shoe trees these days?

I ordered a pair of shoes with trees for the waived MTO but the shoes arrived without them. Looking at the website it seems they are sold out of the normal model and they only have those fancy beechwood trees for sale.

I emailed eshop@ about the issue, but I have not received a reply in a week.

We are transitioning to a new shoetree provider and stock is being challenging at the moment since we receive very few shoetrees at a time.

Hopefully all sizes should be in stock in the next few months. When we receive stock we automatically ship shoetrees for the pending orders.

Hey @Carmina would you be able to relast a size 8 shoe to a 7 if we send the shoes for resoling. If possible how much would it be?

It greatly depends on the model, please send us the request to [email protected] and we will be more than happy to assist.

@Carmina please add me to the waitlist for both Color #4 and Amaretto Shell please. Thank you!

Already waitlisted, Thank you!

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Colour 4 Horween Cordovan GMTO,

These are the confirmed orders for the time being, please remember the GMTO will close today.

We will be offering the rest of the slots to the waitlisted users depending on stock availability.

1. @Vocans confirmed
2. @flylikeneagle
3. @CrashBurner confirmed
4. @budapest12
5. @jamesnyc asked to be waitlisted
6. @stook1
7. @up1911fan
8. @ThinkDerm
9. @bootyboy confirmed
10. @huskiee
11. @Mr Clemson
12. @danadd94 confirmed
13. @p1yhRZks
14. @Blastwice confirmed

These are the wait-listed users, you will have preference in our next colour 4 GMTO.

@jamesnyc
@serbarristan
@Perfectcircles
@oskrusa
@dfgiop
@Charllesun
@montanasnipper
@rgweiser53
@moondog-sparky
@Thilgela
@mugenlove
@goalaso
@chocol8max
@etl
@AlucardX
@Shawnc
@lcdx22
@Churchill W
@George Red
@Gertoshav
@jctune
@Joe Schmoe
@neelp3
@Mothetgoo

Charllesun

Reaction score
We have a couple boots with fur lining if you are interested.

We are transitioning to a new shoetree provider and stock is being challenging at the moment since we receive very few shoetrees at a time.

Hopefully all sizes should be in stock in the next few months. When we receive stock we automatically ship shoetrees for the pending orders.

It greatly depends on the model, please send us the request to [email protected] and we will be more than happy to assist.

Already waitlisted, Thank you!
Yes,I’m interested in the fur lining boots.
Can be found on your website?

oskrusa

Reaction score
Colour 4 Horween Cordovan GMTO,

These are the confirmed orders for the time being, please remember the GMTO will close today.

We will be offering the rest of the slots to the waitlisted users depending on stock availability.

1. @Vocans confirmed
2. @flylikeneagle
3. @CrashBurner confirmed
4. @budapest12
5. @jamesnyc asked to be waitlisted
6. @stook1
7. @up1911fan
8. @ThinkDerm
9. @bootyboy confirmed
10. @huskiee
11. @Mr Clemson
12. @danadd94 confirmed
13. @p1yhRZks
14. @Blastwice confirmed

These are the wait-listed users, you will have preference in our next colour 4 GMTO.

@jamesnyc
@serbarristan
@Perfectcircles
@oskrusa
@dfgiop
@Charllesun
@montanasnipper
@rgweiser53
@moondog-sparky
@Thilgela
@mugenlove
@goalaso
@chocol8max
@etl
@AlucardX
@Shawnc
@lcdx22
@Churchill W
@George Red
@Gertoshav
@jctune
@Joe Schmoe
@neelp3
@Mothetgoo

Thanks @Carmina, for providing this update.
I was wondering if you requested more col4 shell from Horween already and if you have an estimated time of arrival.

Thank-you for all the work you put out for this community.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Carmina - I placed my order and got confirmation maybe about a week ago. I’m concerned it doesn’t show me as confirmed above.

Pm sent.

Last edited:

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Carmina, please add me to color 4. It'll be a while, but might as well put my name on the list

Last edited:

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes,I’m interested in the fur lining boots.
Can be found on your website?

You currently have these two fur lined boots in Carmina's website. We also have a couple other models you could have custom made. Link link

Thanks @Carmina, for providing this update.
I was wondering if you requested more col4 shell from Horween already and if you have an estimated time of arrival.

Thank-you for all the work you put out for this community.

We have requested more colour 4 shell cordovan although we have not had the quantities confirmed. As soon as we receive more details, I will let you know.

It is certainly a pleasure.

@Carmina - I placed my order and got confirmation maybe about a week ago. I’m concerned it doesn’t show me as confirmed above.

Pm sent.

Might have skipped your order, please confirm via PM.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads