• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pekingman

Reaction score
Lovely boots. Does the leather stretch a lot? Or is it similar to calf leather?
Thanks! There's a bit of stretch in the leather, but nothing that affects the fit or sizing I would say. The leather really is super comfortable and hardy - as I basically live on a building site (it's called Beijing ...) they have taken quite a battering over the last six years...!

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! There's a bit of stretch in the leather, but nothing that affects the fit or sizing I would say. The leather really is super comfortable and hardy - as I basically live on a building site (it's called Beijing ...) they have taken quite a battering over the last six years...!
I’ve been toying with the idea of having some boots made up in Kudu. You may have just swayed me ?

Webbo

Reaction score
Like literally is it possible for it to be done? Or could Carmina do it? Carmina could, the question is would they re-last to a smaller size
I have a pair of Carmina shell chukkas that are back at the factory now being re-lasted down to a half size smaller, these are on the detroit last. I will let you know how they turn out. Fingers crossed...

pekingman

Reaction score
weren't the epaulet kudu boots on the forest? or did they do multiple runs of these?

Yes, as far as I recall the first run was on the Oscar last, and the second on the Forest.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

More advice needed... Trying to open my mind to other possibilities for my pending #4 order. Which of these is less formal? Both could theoretically be done with medallions as well. The cap toe could also be without the perforations.

View attachment 1280826

View attachment 1280827
Second ones are less formal.

#2 is much less formal. I have a pair of the top model in museum calf and sadly don't get to wear them much anymore because I rarely have call to wear balmorals these days.
What size do you wear? I would wear them a lot hehe.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rocking my SF amaretto shells today. This may be the coolest pair of @Carmina I own and I own a lot!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads