• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So which Carmina make-ups have you guys found are your most used for casual wear - with jeans and chinos etc.

I love Carmina shoes but find the general sleekness of lasts make me wear them less than other shoes when I’m dressing casual. Which is most of time.

For Colour 4 GMTO looking for a boot that will solve this. What Carmina do you most often reach for on weekends?
Sadly , only the rain last fits me. I could probably get away with forest but the big toe area would need to be stretched.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So which Carmina make-ups have you guys found are your most used for casual wear - with jeans and chinos etc.

I love Carmina shoes but find the general sleekness of lasts make me wear them less than other shoes when I’m dressing casual. Which is most of time.

For Colour 4 GMTO looking for a boot that will solve this. What Carmina do you most often reach for on weekends?

Maybe it's because my feet are small and normal width (slightly narrow heel), but I find the Oscar last to be very versatile. It's definitely not too pointy or sleek/dressy IMO, but yes it's sleeker than something like the Alden Fred Flintstone Trubalance or the Viberg Barney Rubble 310.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In my humble opinion, any chukka suede boot or any cordovan split toe is going to look great with jeans and chinos, no matter what last you pick (Oscar, Detroit, and Llubi are more casual lasts, but beware if you have narrow feet).

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm waiting for these same boots to arrive but I guess this will be mostly used with denim. Pic is from @Berto1

da3b0909-2edc-4d85-8f33-d8f6606ee13d-jpeg.1273833

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really curious to see how they turn out. I went with a basic captoe boot, oscar last on dainite. all 7 eyelets.
I think finished product will look close to George Red's armagnac alonquin boot (but without the split toe). Unlike NST the split toe stitch is flat on this model, so the u tip stitch appears more prominent which makes it easier to visualize. My makeup will have 4 antique brass eyelets + 3 matching hooks. I've also asked for more prominent stitching on the u tip, simialr to Alden handsewn stitching.

serbarristan

Reaction score
I think I need help. I still haven't received my Amaretto order and yet I've already planned my next Amaretto order. Have a good weekend all.

KKL81

Reaction score
Does anyone know what's up with Carmina shoe trees these days?

I ordered a pair of shoes with trees for the waived MTO but the shoes arrived without them. Looking at the website it seems they are sold out of the normal model and they only have those fancy beechwood trees for sale.

I emailed eshop@ about the issue, but I have not received a reply in a week.

rhymenoserous

Reaction score
Is there a leather gallery of swatches or finished shoes to get a better picture of all the leather options Carmina has for custom orders?

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Is there a leather gallery of swatches or finished shoes to get a better picture of all the leather options Carmina has for custom orders?
If you can visit the store they have books with the leather, if not what I usually do is google the name of the leather+ carmina. E.g: brown lama Carmina

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

More advice needed... Trying to open my mind to other possibilities for my pending #4 order. Which of these is less formal? Both could theoretically be done with medallions as well. The cap toe could also be without the perforations.

Capture11.JPG

Capture12.JPG

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

More advice needed... Trying to open my mind to other possibilities for my pending #4 order. Which of these is less formal? Both could theoretically be done with medallions as well. The cap toe could also be without the perforations.

View attachment 1280826

View attachment 1280827

#2 is much less formal. I have a pair of the top model in museum calf and sadly don't get to wear them much anymore because I rarely have call to wear balmorals these days.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross posting for best results:

Can anyone provide a comparison between the Alden 379X last and the Carmina Llubi last?

Thanks

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New to Carminas. I have been searching the web and this thread and can’t find the answers to these questions:
Is the waiver MTO still open?
If so, there info somewhere on how to about submitting an order?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads