• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trevorplease

Reaction score
What is the difference between Carmina's Saddle cordovan and Natural?

Also Rubi and Color #4?

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
What is the difference between Carmina's Saddle cordovan and Natural?

Also Rubi and Color #4?

Don't think saddle is available anymore. These things vary (potentially a lot) but generally saddle was slightly darker than natural but lighter than bourbon.

Ruby, I think, is color 2 and is more red than color 4. Again, variable.

The one that really kills me is the original Carmina cognac. THAT was a super color. I would love it if that color came back some day.

Last edited:

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Beautiful. I love what you did with the custom edge color. Did they charge extra for that change? The halfway point between natural and chestnut is what I’ve been looking for.

Thanks! No extra charge. It's the exact color I was after. I was stressing that it would be too dark but they came out exactly how I was hoping.

serbarristan

Reaction score
Thanks! No extra charge. It's the exact color I was after. I was stressing that it would be too dark but they came out exactly how I was hoping.
Sweet. Did you request “lighter chestnut” or “darker natural” in the request? I love the lighter stitching of natural and just want a bit more finish to the edges.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's funny is that I definitely have the "preppy, southern" taste and more casual look, but I don't love those wide lasts for some reason. I think it's mainly because I am fairly short (5'9") and my feet are relatively small (US8) with a normal width and a slightly narrow heel, so this makes the wider lasts look too blobby, perhaps too work boot like, in my eyes. I suppose that's why I really like Alden Grant, Carmina Oscar, and Viberg 2030, none of which are "pointy" though as personally I hate that look. I guess I'm somewhere in between. :puzzled: Give me a Barrie tanker and I'm fine, but a Trubalance Tanker looks like, well, a tank on my feet. :rotflmao:
I actually feel the same way. I have one pair of chrmxl Indies and I know for sure that will be my one and only trubalance lasted boots.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Sweet. Did you request “lighter chestnut” or “darker natural” in the request? I love the lighter stitching of natural and just want a bit more finish to the edges.

Heh, i'm kinda chuckling since I went around and around on this topic. It's apparently not possible to get white stitching unless you get a natural welt. The welt is dyed after it's stitched. As such, these are, in fact, light chestnut and not dark natural. There is no dark natural. Natural is natural.

One idea that more recently occurred to me is to get a light chestnut dyed edge with a natural welt and white thread. I think it would look good considering how light the edges on my pair are. I'm not sure if Carmina would agree to do this but they might.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Robert last
20191113_130602.jpg
20191113_130530.jpg

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably the same for me, but, wow, the trubalance last is comfy!
Maybe I got the wrong size, but it’s too spacious. I think the chrmxl has loosened so much since I bought it that I don’t get the proper support. Probably different with shell.

Trakl

Reaction score
@Carmina Can your MTO boots (e.g. Jumper Boots 80184) be made as a plain toe instead of a cap toe? And is it possible to request that you use a very thin toe puff (as in your Unlined Chukka 80728)?

And a related question: how is the toe puff constructed on your Norwegian Boots 80488? Is it possible to request a very thin toe puff for this model (MTO)?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love this chukka pattern. And of course color 8 shell...:inlove:

3A374CD2-E009-433A-A899-4453741DD2B6.jpeg

weissmenswear

Reaction score
Just received my MTO order from the fee-free weekend promotion several weeks back. Really, really pleased with these Snuff suede Oxfords. Rain lasted, tomir sole with lulus (why not!). Finishing on these is just top notch. Best pair of Carminas in my collection to date (and not my last).

care kit was included @Carmina :) the suede brush is really great, and the protectant spray is much appreciated.

FC13FDE7-B843-4CD8-A940-0FBAE930FFB9.jpeg
B323CBE8-B82D-4E9C-9426-FA3C5CE36430.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads