• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rodolphe

Reaction score
Here you are! The light is poor (they appear lighter and show more depth in daylight), but this shows off the texture well, I think. This is 80184 in brown Karangrain on the Oscar last with a Victoria sole, supposedly a chestnut edge and a storm welt.

As you can see the grain is uneven, which I like, and lighter, though still present on the toe. There is a small stain on the right shoe, but it takes a close eye, otherwise they are perfect. Good job @Carmina !
View attachment 1277446

View attachment 1277443
Beautiful !
I took nearly the same but violet lining for me and without stormwelt.
The Karangrein looks perfect !

Darkkp

Reaction score
My first pair of shell cordovan boots. I am extremely happy with how they turned out.

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those who ordered during the customization weekend (the one with complimentary shoe care kit). What cream do they give?
I received Neutral Cordovan Cream and was lucky - it came with the boots.

huskiee

Reaction score
Hi Carmina. Can you please do a comparison for me between Oscar, Soller and Forrest lasts?

Gracias!

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Gorgeous. Did you select double leather soles for this pair?

Thanks! Yes, these are double leather soles. I also requested a light chestnut edge, which turned out even better than I expected. I wanted something just a little bit more finished looking than natural but I didn't want it to be anywhere near as dark as chestnut usually seems to be. Carmina should really consider offering this color as a standard option, in my opinion.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should I be worried about the creasing location on my left pair? View attachment 1277678

Honestly I think it is personal thing if it bothers you. I have I think 2 pair that do this exact same crease almost the same spot. I at one point I thought maybe the shoe was to small and my foot flexed to close to the front but the fit is great so how could this be. I agree it does not look great in that particular spot. You asked should you be worried if you mean will the boot fall apart or something like that, no. Maybe it should have been lasted tighter in that spot to prevent this I don't know. It could flatten out as the shell breaks in hard to say, I think the pairs I have it does look less then when new. If I was you I would put some cream on them this give the shell some nourishment IMO especially when new and just enjoy.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I demand more pics of those beauties! I think the Soller last looks great too. Definitely need to try it at some point.

Thanks, I will generate an album for this pair. Unfortunately, home very late last night and weather isn't cooperating today.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suspect they’re slightly too big for you . Too much volume around that area.

Yeah, I agree. Not end of the world or anything. You can probably get away with wearing them with bigger socks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads