• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ErPupone4

Reaction score
I’m waiting on two pairs and a remake
I sent mine back for a repair (tear in leather by the heel) after I was told to allow 2 weeks for the repair. I asked for an update because it has been 3 weeks and was told that they will be shipping them to Spain in a few weeks and then it will be 2-3 months for the repair. I am not very happy at the moment. I feel like I should have just asked for a remake.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sent mine back for a repair (tear in leather by the heel) after I was told to allow 2 weeks for the repair. I asked for an update because it has been 3 weeks and was told that they will be shipping them to Spain in a few weeks and then it will be 2-3 months for the repair. I am not very happy at the moment. I feel like I should have just asked for a remake.
If they’re new shoes, you should request a remake. There’s no way I’d accept a repair for split leather on a new pair of shoes. That’s bonkers. I’ve requested a remake but they’ve not confirmed whether they’ll oblige. My one annoyance with Carnina is that they sometimes allow obvious defects to slip through. They’re an excellent manufacturer but they let themselves down with silly QC issues. Any example of a previous flaw is shown below. Note the mark. These should never have left the factory.

yengli

Reaction score
Today I received the new shoe trees and put them in my double monks. Both are sized 6.5 UK, I noticed some tension in the toe. When I tried to remove the shoe trees, it was impossible for me to remove them by hand and had to use a belt as leverage to remove the shoe trees!

Anyone with the new shoe trees with an opinion on this matter?

Attachments

• DFF57D66-E64C-431C-A1E7-19F49CD92D11.jpeg
    DFF57D66-E64C-431C-A1E7-19F49CD92D11.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 78

serbarristan

Reaction score
Today I received the new shoe trees and put them in my double monks. Both are sized 6.5 UK, I noticed some tension in the toe. When I tried to remove the shoe trees, it was impossible for me to remove them by hand and had to use a belt as leverage to remove the shoe trees!

My unlined chukkas came with trees that I can’t get back into them at all, and barely fit into another pair on the Rain last. Way too much tension or too large. I emailed but was told they couldn’t help since they were the “right” size. Sticking with other brands.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My unlined chukkas came with trees that I can’t get back into them at all, and barely fit into another pair on the Rain last. Way too much tension or too large. I emailed but was told they couldn’t help since they were the “right” size. Sticking with other brands.

I had the opposite problem. My shoe trees are too small! ?

Selection

Reaction score
Gorgeous boots. Also interesting - 5 speed hooks instead of 4. My balmoral boots have 4 and the models I see online are all 4. Was this a special request?
Yes, it was. Well spotted. I wanted to reduce the number of eyelets in favour of speed hooks - simply for the sake of making it easier putting the boots on

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What last are your shoes? I have you new shoe trees in rain lasted double monks and they fit perfect.

yengli

Reaction score
What last are your shoes? I have you new shoe trees in rain lasted double monks and they fit perfect.

Also rain lasted!
Left shoe tree is tighter than the right one. Maybe a size too big. Slips in easy but a real pain ********** to remove, can’t be right!

Last edited:

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also rain lasted!
Left shoe tree is tighter than the right one. Maybe a size too big. Slips in easy but a real pain ********** to remove, can’t be right!
Now that you mention it, one of my shoe trees seems tighter than the other. I’ll have to check later, which foot it is.

Berto1

Reaction score
I’m waiting for my MTO, expected arrival by next 2 weeks.

plain toe derby snuff suede in rain last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads