• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Weekend kicks. Need shorter laces, me thinks.

EUtroll

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can MTO oxford wingtips on the Detroit last?

gianm

Reaction score
Anyone with some tassel/penny loafers on the forest last be willing to share some pictures?

ScofieldReturns

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have 3 questions for ya experts:

1. any word on what Carmina's Black Friday sale will be?
2. Do they ever do the sale where they waive the custom order fee so it has the same price as RTW shoes?
3. What is a good shade of medium to lighter brown suede? Snuff/tobacco looks a little too orange sometimes. Chocolate suede is a little too dark. For reference, i want it to be noticeably brown in darker/dim lighting

Thanks!

bryanljs

Reaction score

2. Do they ever do the sale where they waive the custom order fee so it has the same price as RTW shoes?
3. What is a good shade of medium to lighter brown suede? Snuff/tobacco looks a little too orange sometimes. Chocolate suede is a little too dark. For reference, i want it to be noticeably brown in darker/dim lighting

Thanks!

1. Probably discounted price on current models. I've got no clue on this.

2. Carmina had their "Custom weekend" 2 weeks ago where MTO fee was waived completely.

3. Snuff and Tobacco is probably your best bet. Snuff is literally a medium brown suede and in my opinion, they do not look orangey at all. Tobacco definitely has an orange hue to it. Take a look below for colour comparison.

ScofieldReturns

Reaction score
1. Probably discounted price on current models. I've got no clue on this.

2. Carmina had their "Custom weekend" 2 weeks ago where MTO fee was waived completely.

3. Snuff and Tobacco is probably your best bet. Snuff is literally a medium brown suede and in my opinion, they do not look orangey at all. Tobacco definitely has an orange hue to it. Take a look below for colour comparison.

View attachment 1263443

That's right, I tried checking out a random pair 2 weeks ago to see the price but unfortunately it was broken and wouldn't let me add to cart. how often do they do that sale?

and i was thinking of tobacco/polo that have orange hues. i will take a closer look at snuff suede, thank you!

bryanljs

Reaction score
That's right, I tried checking out a random pair 2 weeks ago to see the price but unfortunately it was broken and wouldn't let me add to cart. how often do they do that sale?

and i was thinking of tobacco/polo that have orange hues. i will take a closer look at snuff suede, thank you!

Unfortunately, I've only recently follow this thread so I do not know the frequency of the sale. But I do know that you can bring 6 people together and do a GMTO, if you're interested.

I do not own any suede shoes from Carmina so I can't give you any confirmation on the colours. Suede can also look abit different under different lighting. Hopefully the others in the thread can help to chime in on the colours of snuff/tobacco/polo suede.

bennanza

Reaction score

Thanks!
1. The last big deal was very recent so I'm not sure, when exactly the next one will be. I can, however, recall one with a free belt and card holder matching a purchased shoe. I guess that was also fairly quickly after last years mto fee waved, so black friday is a good guess.
2. As explained, just happened, guess it won't come that fast again. Another event will most likely be next year around that time. I think in mid august there was also a special Kirby Allison event, for which other people had their mto fee waved as well? So such events could happen in future again and you don't have to wait another year.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads