• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Snuff and polo are both our best selling suede colours. They match very nicely with jeans and chinos.

@Rodolphe

Our boxcalf leathers are sourced from Tannery d'Annonay and Weinheimer in the case of black boxcalf. These leathers are finished and given a final shine at the tannery.

Vegano leather however, is unfinished. Meaning, we give the shoes the final colour and shine here at the factory. Vegano would be a better option if you would like to create patinas or burnishings.

Of course, we can replace hooks for eyelets. We can create olive green or purple cordovan here at the factory.
examples of the purple cordovan @Carmina

Rodolphe

Reaction score
Does anyone have recommendations for a last to use for a traditional wingtip boot? I only know my size in Forest and Inca and I was thinking to use the Forest last. I had considered the Robert last as well but I'm not sure that the brogueing would look right on the punched toe cap. Also, is the Forest last sized the same as Robert?

The carmina store associate advised that Robert would be slimmer.. in the toebox. And also would have a lower instep.
robert forest.JPG

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone have any fitment knowledge of the lloret last? I'm thinking of doing an MTO for the derby boot on it.

@Carmina can you show a comparison of the lloret vs Oscar vs Rain lasts?

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, we do not have lloret in the comparison tool since it is a last under development.

Also @Carmina , will the color 4 group receive an waive for the MTO fee and is there an updated estimate of when it will be available? I'm trying to decide if I order something in Armagnac now or wait for color 4... Thanks in advance!

We will let the members on the list know as soon as nº 4 reaches the factory. Nonetheless, we should be getting leather for around 10 boots. Meaning, depending on what models users select we will be able to extend the leather for more orders.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Carmina what edge colour do you normally pair with chestnut grain? If it makes any difference , the sole will be a dainite double.

Rodolphe

Reaction score
I find, personnaly, that the Oscar last is more logical for boots. Because of the high upper, the cap toe sould be high enought to harmonize the entire shape of the boots.
Even the balmoral boots, which are more formal than the derby's one, are in Forest last, which has a taller cap toe than lasts like Rain, Robert, etc.
Just my two cents.

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We will let the members on the list know as soon as nº 4 reaches the factory. Nonetheless, we should be getting leather for around 10 boots. Meaning, depending on what models users select we will be able to extend the leather for more orders.
Thanks for the clarification @Carmina - I’m pleased I got onboard early ;-)

ErPupone4

Reaction score
Can I please trouble you for a photo of snuff vs polo colour?
I can send pictures on Friday once I receive my snuff Chelsea's. I own a wingtip and double monk in polo suede (both Rain last) and find the color pretty versatile with most pant colors I wear (navy, olive, all shades of grey).

Darkkp

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the dainite and victoria soles? How would you compare them to each other?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we do not have lloret in the comparison tool since it is a last under development.

View attachment 1256089

glad I am on the list

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That makes two of us. Tempting as it is, I am going to hold out for the color 4 order rather than ordering something in the current event.
You have far more willpower than I @stook1 - I was pounding on the enablement button as soon as @Carmina announced the event. I’m a year early, but it’s only money ;-).

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried to resist ordering but buckled. Order a pair of boots and was tormented yesterday and placed a other order thing morning ??‍♂️?

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can send pictures on Friday once I receive my snuff Chelsea's. I own a wingtip and double monk in polo suede (both Rain last) and find the color pretty versatile with most pant colors I wear (navy, olive, all shades of grey).
Are there actually 50 shades of grey? Or is that chick FOS?

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried to resist ordering but buckled. Order a pair of boots and was tormented yesterday and placed a other order thing morning ??‍♂️?
I bow to your superior self-enablement skills! I only ordered one pair of boots I wasn’t planning on. ;-)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads