• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gianm

Reaction score
@Carmina One final question for the MTO (hopefully). Do you have samples (or examples) of the dark brown boxcalf and the burgundy vegano? I'm looking for something dark but with some character (i.e. not too bold a red and not to dark a brown).

Not to bring other manufacturers into this, but this shade of brown from EG is what I'd be most interested in.

Canterbury_202_DKOCALF_main.jpg

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Carmina One final question for the MTO (hopefully). Do you have samples (or examples) of the dark brown boxcalf and the burgundy vegano? I'm looking for something dark but with some character (i.e. not too bold a red and not to dark a brown).

Not to bring other manufacturers into this, but this shade of brown from EG is what I'd be most interested in.

Canterbury_202_DKOCALF_main.jpg
Vegano brown is very similar

jamesnyc

Reaction score
I'm looking for jumper boots with Soller vs. Rain last. If anyone has both models, could you please share the comparison photo? (Especially from the top and side)

Thank you in advance. @Carmina

Last edited:

Immorta

Reaction score
Hi all

I have Carlos Santos lasts 234 and 384 in size 5.5 UK. Which size and last should I purchase for Carmina?

I notice that some people purchase the same size, while others purchase 0.5 size up from their Carlos Santos size.

Thanks.

danadd94

Reaction score
Does anyone have any fitment knowledge of the lloret last? I'm thinking of doing an MTO for the derby boot on it.

@Carmina can you show a comparison of the lloret vs Oscar vs Rain lasts?

Thanks in advance!

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lloret? I've never even heard of that one.

Maybe they already do this on instagram or something (I don't use instagram), but it'd be cool if there were some sort of announcement when new lasts came out. I feel like I'm losing track of them all.

danadd94

Reaction score
Lloret? I've never even heard of that one.

Maybe they already do this on instagram or something (I don't use instagram), but it'd be cool if there were some sort of announcement when new lasts came out. I feel like I'm losing track of them all.
Yeah, looks like they only use it for the 80548 derby boot, the more i search, here's the link: https://www.carminashoemaker.us/mto...3.1761209571.1570464551-1439687261.1567641797

I'd guess it's similar to the rain last last, based off their description but I'm interested in seeing if anyone else knows anything! I'm digging the shape of it.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View media item 2293799

I thought this based on some pics, but the Inca pair I have seem a bit lighter in reality. I'm not sure if it was a one off or if it's a slightly different leather.
I think you can ask carmina to darken them. I believe Carnina colour the vegano themselves.

danadd94

Reaction score
Also @Carmina , will the color 4 group receive an waive for the MTO fee and is there an updated estimate of when it will be available? I'm trying to decide if I order something in Armagnac now or wait for color 4... Thanks in advance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads