• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WilYa

Reaction score
Okay, I have what I expect is a really stupid question, but I am going to ask it anyway, as I feel the need to get back into the Carmina shoe game after a few years of abstinence (a few shoes bought through the Armoury, Epaulet and Skoatie, as well as the Paris store), and my friends remind me often that I am good at asking stupid questions (some friends, huh?!).

The web site looks much better than I remember when last browsing it a few years ago (when it had the sliding window and pop-up boxes). Can someone explain please though what the difference is on the site between "MTO groups (in process)" and "MTO finished".

My usual understanding of "MTO finished" would be "finished" - as in "tough luck, you were too late". However, the site offers the ability to choose a size and add to my cart for many of the "MTO finished" shoes shown (with a "45 days in production" message).

Does that mean that once a MTO moves from "in process" to finished do the details get moved to the "finished" list with an appropriate price increase so that it is in effect a "pre-setup custom order"? Or is the price still lower than an equivalent full custom order, as the details are already set up, so kind of a semi-MTO ...?

I ran a search for "MTO finished" for this thread and came up with nothing. Thanks for any answers!
It is in effect a "pre-setup custom order"

Tiger81

Reaction score
We can create a group for 14-15 GMTO's, the only condition would be selecting amaretto cordovan as the main leather.

Do remember any special makes or modifications of patterns would have a surcharge.
I am interested!

pkincy

Reaction score
One of my favorite attributes of a Carmina cordovan is that it is a much less thick leather than cordovan I have from Alden and AE. It has a supple wearing characteristic.

Billyboy121

Reaction score
We can create a group for 14-15 GMTO's, the only condition would be selecting amaretto cordovan as the main leather.

Do remember any special makes or modifications of patterns would have a surcharge.
I'm very interested in having a pair of cordovan shoes or boots from carmina.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If interested in joining Amaretto cordovan GMTO, let me know and I'll add you to the list. It closes end of day tomorrow.

I'm interested but I can't seem to find any details on it. Please add my name to the list.

DM sent.

Last edited:

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm interested but I can't seem to find any details on it. Please add my name to the list.
Hey Shawn I added you a couple of days back, so you're good to go. Here's link to latest list:
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...reviews-advice-sizing-etc.241469/post-9892094

Below are details. @Carmina please add or correct anything missing or misstated.

This is essentially an individualized custom makeup offered to a group of participants. The only requirement/common theme of this GMTO is Amaretto cordovan. Each participant can select any model that Carmina manufactures in cordovan, and specify a last, sole, laces, hardware, edge color etc. of their choice. You'll submit your order via Carmina's customization tool, which lists many models in boots, oxfords, derbys, loafers and monkstraps. You can also specify a model that is not listed in the customization tool, but offered by Carmina in the MTO or other sections of the website. You'll just need to make sure Carmina offers the model in shell cordovan (as far as I know, Carmina doesn't make wholecut, chealsea or jodhpur boots in cordovan).

The GMTO closes tomorrow, Carmina will PM discount codes to participants on Tuesday September 17th. Before you checkout you will see a comment box where you will need to specify you want the pair to be manufactured in Amaretto Cordovan.

If you do want a model not listed in customization tool, simply select a similar model from the customization tool and select any cordovan color. In the comment box request order be switched to the model number you want.

FYI, for this specific GMTO Carmina is offering complementary shoe trees.

Last edited:

gbandi

Reaction score
FYI, ehaberdasher has a carmina final sale with additional 25 off with carmina25. Limited options but not a bad deal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads