• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are more or less the same height. Model 80184 was manufactured in the oscar last and an old shade of Horween Cordovan saddle.

We did not receive color 4 in the last shipment, some shells should be arriving soon although it may take an extra month. Since there will be a very limited amount, we might have to create some kind of system to inform anyone who is interested. I can send DM's or emails if it would be of any help.

Boot 1 - 80459 with requested modifications
Boot 2 - 80459 with requested modifications
Boot 3 - 80277 with requested modifications

Any modified patterns that do not match the original pattern would have a surcharge.

Thank you. Regarding surcharges can you provide an idea on what sort of changes would incur surcharges? For eg. 80459 in Amaretto with double leather soles, broguing on toe cap and 5 eyelets + 4 Hooks - would this incur a charge?

Darkkp

Reaction score
Thank you. Regarding surcharges can you provide an idea on what sort of changes would incur surcharges? For eg. 80459 in Amaretto with double leather soles, broguing on toe cap and 5 eyelets + 4 Hooks - would this incur a charge?
With the exception of the double leather soles that is exactly the makeup I am going for. Still comparing the chestnut and the brown edge dressing, which one are you going for?

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the exception of the double leather soles that is exactly the makeup I am going for. Still comparing the chestnut and the brown edge dressing, which one are you going for?
I selected chestnut edging for my previous Amaretto boot as well as my bourbon boot. I feel chestnut goes well with lighter colored shell.

Last edited:

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We did not receive color 4 in the last shipment, some shells should be arriving soon although it may take an extra month. Since there will be a very limited amount, we might have to create some kind of system to inform anyone who is interested. I can send DM's or emails if it would be of any help.
I too would be interested in color 4

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Carmina So it would cost more if I want to remove the brogueing on the shaft of the 80459 model?

Any custom made order that includes a Carmina without any specific modifications would not have additional charges. This includes the selection of: soles, laces,standard edge colours, leathers, colour and type of lining, last, replacing hooks for eyelets and adding medallions just as you can find in the customisation tool.

We can sometimes modify slightly a pattern by including or omitting broguing, pinking and wheeling, modifying a toe cap, pull tabs, adding heel counters, changing a wingtip for a toe cap..
Of course these changes must be studied by our artisans first and would have a surcharge depending on the complexity, smaller modifications would have a fee of 100€.

@Vocans , @flylikeneagle , @CrashBurner

I have taken note of you interest in colour 4 Horween Cordovan, once it gets here I will pop a message.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have taken note of you interest in colour 4 Horween Cordovan, once it gets here I will pop a message.

Carmina seems utterly determined to take all of my shoe money this year....please stop with your radical...giving customers exactly what they want; I’m running out of room in my shoe closet. :bounce2:

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any custom made order that includes a Carmina without any specific modifications would not have additional charges. This includes the selection of: soles, laces,standard edge colours, leathers, colour and type of lining, last, replacing hooks for eyelets and adding medallions just as you can find in the customisation tool.

We can sometimes modify slightly a pattern by including or omitting broguing, pinking and wheeling, modifying a toe cap, pull tabs, adding heel counters, changing a wingtip for a toe cap..
Of course these changes must be studied by our artisans first and would have a surcharge depending on the complexity, smaller modifications would have a fee of 100€.

Please add me to this list. Thank you.

jamesnyc

Reaction score

@Carmina Please add me in the list for color 4 as well

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Ah gotcha, thanks. I'd be interested in color 4 as well. Color 2 is too red for me. The carmina burgundy is similar to AEs burgundy in my limited experience (ie. Not purple).

@Carmina, per my PM I would also be interested in Color #4.

I wonder if this from May when we were discussing color 4 (linked above)?

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to interrupt commerce, but today's Carmina's on the Simpson last.

IMG_0381.JPG

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Please notify me for color 4, 6, natural. Thank you

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads