• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

l33tcoder

Reaction score
I am planning on ordering a pair of boots (MTO) in bicolor of chestnut karengrein and chestnut museum. I am trying to find out some shoes in chestnut museum and didnt find any. Anyone has a pair in chestnut museum and would be kind enough to post some pics! I would like to see how similar the chestnut museum and karengrein colors are.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer.

Regarding the Forest and Oscar fit, did you take TTS? Would you recommend size for me?

My sizes are:
Brannock UK7
Rain UK7E
Simpson UK7.5E

Given that you size up for Simpson, I would say TTS - they both have a more generous instep than Simpson.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am planning on ordering a pair of boots (MTO) in bicolor of chestnut karengrein and chestnut museum. I am trying to find out some shoes in chestnut museum and didnt find any. Anyone has a pair in chestnut museum and would be kind enough to post some pics! I would like to see how similar the chestnut museum and karengrein colors are.

Don’t have any shoes in chestnut museum, but I do have photos Carmina sent me - each photo taken in indirect natural light with brown on top and chestnut on bottom.

C6A0A5A9-2600-4646-A803-55E2501605D1.jpeg

EE13C7CE-188A-4528-9924-27A60F913F63.jpeg

l33tcoder

Reaction score
Don’t have any shoes in chestnut museum, but I do have photos Carmina sent me - each photo taken in indirect natural light with brown on top and chestnut on bottom

Thanks a lot! The color seems similar to Gold museum of Vass/Enzo Bonafe. This is very useful.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what last options are available for the 907?

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Carmina does the Kirby discount code end tonight? I’d like to order another pair of shoes.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ordered any MTO polo suede shoes? If so, what colour sole edging did you go for? I’m looking at adding a dainite sole but not sure whether to choose chestnut or brown edging.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Anyone ordered any MTO polo suede shoes? If so, what colour sole edging did you go for? I’m looking at adding a dainite sole but not sure whether to choose chestnut or brown edging.

Yes, I went with chestnut. I can see if I have a pic.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

Found a couple...

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hi
Many thanks for the pics! Can I just ask, is that a single leather sole with dainite?

No, these are on double leather york with storm welt. I was a wanting a chunkier look for this pair.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, these are on double leather york with storm welt. I was a wanting a chunkier look for this pair.
They look very nice. Chunky but not too chunky. Just ordered a jumper boot in the Rain last and requested double leather with dainite. Looks like they shouldn’t be too chunky.

nubirth

Reaction score
I'm totally new to looking at Carmina shoes. I wear a size 9D in Allen Edmonds. The McNeils fit perfectly ( 97 Last), and another comparison shoe I have is the Strands in 9D ( 5 Last) that fit a little snugger in the toe box. Based on that limited information, what lasts should I be looking at on Carmina? I'm interested in their oxfords and Derby shoes

I like their loafers also. I wear 9D in Rancourts loafers that fit nicely.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm totally new to looking at Carmina shoes. I wear a size 9D in Allen Edmonds. The McNeils fit perfectly ( 97 Last), and another comparison shoe I have is the Strands in 9D ( 5 Last) that fit a little snugger in the toe box. Based on that limited information, what lasts should I be looking at on Carmina? I'm interested in their oxfords and Derby shoes

I like their loafers also. I wear 9D in Rancourts loafers that fit nicely.

Forest and Oscar are both good middle of the road lasts that are probably comparable to the 97 last. I think either one is a good starting point.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when the factory reopens? I put in my MTO order but definitely wanted to discuss it before it gets underway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads