• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on what my Carmina installed toe plates look like, $55 is very reasonable. They did excellent work on them.
I have to agree. Mine are done by Carmina in Spain with every new order. They do a very neat job. I can definitely recommend them.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and apologize if my question has been answered above. I have tried looking but didn't find the answer I was looking for. Please ignore if this post is irrelevant or redundant.

My question: I usually wear EU 43 or UK 9. My foot is just slightly wider than a regular size, how ever, I do wear normal width sometimes as well (which fits me snug). I wanted to order Carmina cordovan in Rain. I am unsure if I should order EEE or the regular fitting. My foot circumference is 257 to 260 mm (base of the big toe to base of the pinky toe joints. My foot length is 270 mm (right) and 265 mm (left). I was wondering if you fine gents could help me out.

Carmina have told me that I should order my usual size.

I am uncertain if cordovan will loosen after breaking in like skin. From what I have heard, it's a tougher material so I imagine it wouldn't expand as much. I am thinking to play safe and order the EEE. If it turns out to be too wide, I can insert an insole (it would be a shame to use an insole on a fine shoe but it's better than risking buying a shoe which I may not be able to wear at all).

Thank you for reading, and a big thank you if you respond.

First: nothing can replace an actual fitting, if one is possible.

Second: without any additional info, I would agree with Carmina. Rain is a bit bigger fitting than normal (except in the little toe area). Also, if the model is in stock, you could exchange if for a different size if it does not work.

Third: cordovan will not stretch like calf or suede. The footbed will settle, but don’t expect much difference apart from that.

Hope this helps!

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTO’d punchcap Adelaides today:
DB45DB88-7CA8-4C2E-BDDD-7B5B0074A1BB.jpeg

gld edmond

Reaction score
Hi, i was wondering if any of you have had issues with Carmina customer service? I have had no replies to a number of emails pertaining to a refund on shipping.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, i was wondering if any of you have had issues with Carmina customer service? I have had no replies to a number of emails pertaining to a refund on shipping.

From my experience typical turn around time in terms of responding to my emails is 5-7 days. I know for some this is too long, but it is what it is. I’ve come to accept that is simply how the process works when I'm working with them on anything. Sometimes they respond much quicker, I’ve surmised it’s likely due to workload. I’m sure the recent Pitti is having an effect as well. They are likely swamped at the moment.

gld edmond

Reaction score
From my experience typical turn around time in terms of responding to my emails is 5-7 days. I know for some this is too long, but it is what it is. I’ve come to accept that is simply how the process works when I'm working with them on anything. Sometimes they respond much quicker, I’ve surmised it’s likely due to workload. I’m sure the recent Pitti is having an effect as well. They are likely swamped at the moment.
Thanks for your input , I love their shoes, would hate to have an issue with customer service!

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
f

Please let me know your order number and will make sure you are provided with an answer as soon as possible.

We are currently training a whole new customer service team both in the US and the factory. Hopefully we should be answering with the usual promptness in the next few weeks.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually get a response the next day. I’ve just had to send a pair of boots back and the process has been effortless.

gld edmond

Reaction score
f

Please let me know your order number and will make sure you are provided with an answer as soon as possible.

We are currently training a whole new customer service team both in the US and the factory. Hopefully we should be answering with the usual promptness in the next few weeks.
Hi, I really appreciate this, my order is 6181. I had tried to add some shoe trees to my shoe order but it went out before I could, I then received an email that the shipping would be free, but I had already purchased them with $40 shipping, and have had no response to further emails

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I really appreciate this, my order is 6181. I had tried to add some shoe trees to my shoe order but it went out before I could, I then received an email that the shipping would be free, but I had already purchased them with $40 shipping, and have had no response to further emails

I didn’t want to speak out of turn and put her on the spot, but what I really wanted to say was; since Sara has started to monitor styfo, typically she’s gotten me an answer before the folks on email have gotten a chance to get back to me...awesome customer service right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads