• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jctune

Reaction score
@Carmina

So I'm looking to order something for my wife - but the patterns I'm interested in for her aren't available in the customization tool. Specifically I'm looking for patterns 1458, 1385, and 1086.

Any chance I can get an MTO in one of these (preferably 1458 and/or 1086)?

gianm

Reaction score
Wait for potential memorial day promotion or order so that shoes arrive in time for my vacation. Decisions...

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Carmina

So I'm looking to order something for my wife - but the patterns I'm interested in for her aren't available in the customization tool. Specifically I'm looking for patterns 1458, 1385, and 1086.

Any chance I can get an MTO in one of these (preferably 1458 and/or 1086)?

Of course, which details are you interested in customising? Leather and colour or lasts too? I'm afraid a change of last would be slightly trickier.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
@Carmina

Regarding the unlined shell MTO chukkas... Can you please provide a little more information about the construction? Are they partially lined, if so can you tell us where? I'm assuming there are heel counters. Is there a toe puff? Or is the toe unstructured? Also, regarding the colors, is there any chance of Cognac shell coming back? Can you please show a last comparison between the Sineu and Detroit EE? Are there, by any chance, any stocked shoes in NY on this last?

thank you!

jctune

Reaction score
Of course, which details are you interested in customising? Leather and colour or lasts too? I'm afraid a change of last would be slightly trickier.

Lasts are good

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any sizing advice on the Sineu last?

I have not tried this last personally since I'm a lady.

However, our CEO mentioned the instep is very generous and anyone comfortable in Rain or Forest would find it perfect. As per the toe area, it should be more spacious than rain and a tad smaller than forest.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Carmina when will the unlined Chukka GMTO launch? Is Olive shell available?
The color chart for the GMTO was shown above; standard colors (no purple or olive).
Launches tomorrow per Carmina post on previous page (last post of page)

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have not tried this last personally since I'm a lady.

However, our CEO mentioned the instep is very generous and anyone comfortable in Rain or Forest would find it perfect. As per the toe area, it should be more spacious than rain and a tad smaller than forest.
No wide EEE fittings for this, correct?
(I finally got my sizing nailed down and was thinking I could hop in on the GMTO until I thought about it probably not having EEE fitting!)

Thilgela

Reaction score
The color chart for the GMTO was shown above; standard colors (no purple or olive).
Launches tomorrow per Carmina post on previous page (last post of page)

Thanks! I'd really like a pair of Olive though. They look so good. Would also like to know if it's completely unstructured or with toe/heel stiffener. Completely unstructured would not age well for shell from my PoV.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks! I'd really like a pair of Olive though. They look so good. Would also like to know if it's completely unstructured or with toe/heel stiffener. Completely unstructured would not age well for shell from my PoV.
I would bet that there's heel/toe stiffeners, but I'm sure they'll weigh in soon.

I would TOTALLY jump on olive shell too - I've got bottle green shell, now it's time for a browner green!

Aelric

Reaction score
@Carmina Can I get a comparison between the Uetam and Pina lasts? Trying to see if I should take the same size in both.

chatelet

Reaction score
@Carmina Can I get a comparison between the Uetam and Pina lasts? Trying to see if I should take the same size in both.
I don’t own Uetam, but Carmina recommended going up half as size from Pina. Wait to hear confirmation from them.

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for @Carmina: Do you ever make available shades of Cordovan other than the ones currently listed for use in your MTO section? Thinking Color 4 or 6 would be a welcome addition (for me, anyway ;-))

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads