• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have had a couple special orders, however always as customised pairs, we do not have a sample unfortunately. Which leather would you be interested in?

Just basic suedes, black or dark brown, or polo suede

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just basic suedes, black or dark brown, or polo suede

GEnerally model 80228 is manufactured in the uetam last and our model 80127, which is very close, could be manufactured in the simpson last which has a squared stitch decoration on the vamp. Model 80127 usually includes tassels, however they can be easily replaced by strings.

cxlfinder

Reaction score
Plain-toe Tuesday.

20190507_103520.jpg

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of online retailers that offer free shipping/returns aside from Barney’s? I am looking to try the Rain and Uetam lasts...currently have Inca and Simpson.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of online retailers that offer free shipping/returns aside from Barney’s? I am looking to try the Rain and Uetam lasts...currently have Inca and Simpson.

If you have an AMEX card you can sign up for Shoprunner for free, then they deal with many stores, if you order from your shoprunner account you get free 2 day shipping to you and free returns even if the store does not have that policy.

You simply do the return from the shoprunner account, it prints you a label, give you an RA, and you are set.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have wide feet (somewhere between US E and EE) and a high instep. Between Llubi, Oscar, Rain EEE and Detroit EEE, which last generally has the most instep room and are there any other lasts with higher insteps I should try?

I've only tried Forest so far, which was too tight in the instep for my foot.

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
The resole would be around 200€ excluding shipping costs, please let me know if you would be interested in sending over. We can check with our artisans it it worth it resoling now or can wait a bit longer.
Wow this seems like a lot of money. I think my cobbler charges something around 40€ although I’ve never resole anything so I don’t know if he was referring to goodyear resoling.
For that price do you relast and reshape the uppers too? What it’s the proccess followed? Just curius for trying to understand the price better.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow this seems like a lot of money. I think my cobbler charges something around 40€ although I’ve never resole anything so I don’t know if he was referring to goodyear resoling.
For that price do you relast and reshape the uppers too? What it’s the proccess followed? Just curius for trying to understand the price better.
Almost double what c&j charge.

oskrusa

Reaction score
I have wide feet (somewhere between US E and EE) and a high instep. Between Llubi, Oscar, Rain EEE and Detroit EEE, which last generally has the most instep room and are there any other lasts with higher insteps I should try?

I've only tried Forest so far, which was too tight in the instep for my foot.

I have similar challenges as you with high in-steps, and I am an a US E with normal heels.

Llubi might be a good starting point, it provides more room than Oscar in the toes and insteps.
Llubi feels similar to Detroit EEE on those 2 areas but I find Llubi better on the middle and heels sections than Detroit.
Unfortunately, I have never tried Rain EEE.

Forest, Inca and UETNAM are a no go for me due to instep pressure.

Cheers

gianm

Reaction score
I don't suppose Carmina has a SF affiliate code that I don't know about right?

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have similar challenges as you with high in-steps, and I am an a US E with normal heels.

Llubi might be a good starting point, it provides more room than Oscar in the toes and insteps.
Llubi feels similar to Detroit EEE on those 2 areas but I find Llubi better on the middle and heels sections than Detroit.
Unfortunately, I have never tried Rain EEE.

Forest, Inca and UETNAM are a no go for me due to instep pressure.

Cheers

As someone with a high instep getting into Carmina, I appreciate the post.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads