• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He means a copy of the popular (but expensive) Edward Green Galway model. Every other shoemaker it seems has made their own version. I find it rather refreshing that Carmina hasn’t.

By expensive he meant drastically over priced :nest:
:sneaky2:

Last edited:

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He means a copy of the popular (but expensive) Edward Green Galway model. Every other shoemaker it seems has made their own version. I find it rather refreshing that Carmina hasn’t.
Carnina do offer such a boot in many variations. They refer to it as a jumper boot....

WNovizar

Reaction score
Was hoping to get Galway-styled Shell Cordovan boots from Carmina. I also don't have that much money for EG Galway, so I got AE Sullivan Street instead. Sullivan Street is so nice, I am looking forward to AE Trunks

WNovizar

Reaction score
Carnina do offer such a boot in many variations. They refer to it as a jumper boot....

The silhouette is different

WNovizar

Reaction score
Will have to wait for confirmation first from @Carmina

Dandy_dapper

Reaction score
I am in love with the giant shoe.
Carmina has some beautiful shoes, in general all the Spanish footwear is of good quality, I have Carmina shoes and they are excellent in my next trip to Madrid I will take a walk around the shoe stores in the area.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Do you mean this style without the stitching in the circled area? In that case it would depend on the selected model. Style 80414, for instance, consists in an apron pattern which has an "entrecarne" or reverse hand sewn stitch as decoration. In this case, we would omit the stitch.

Should the model you select have two different parts, we can create them without the stitch however it would mean the pattern should be made specially for you. According to the NY staff they offer minor pattern changes, however these pattern modifications have a surcharge or 100$ per pair.

I would highly recommend a model such as 80414 which would not incur many pattern modifications or extra costs. I can check for any particular models you might be interested in.
View attachment 1134911

Thank you for the very detailed reply. I am about 99% sure I understand the explanation. To confirm, is distinction based upon whether it is a single piece or two pieces of leather in the toe? Ie. whether the split toe stitching is functional or decorative. 80488 is the model that I would most likely prefer and I am guessing this will be an example of the entrecarne reverse hand stitch?

While on this discussion about the norwegian models, I have found some images of them on the Rain and Forest lasts. I'm guessing that they have been made in other lasts as well. By chance, do you have any photos of them on other lasts?

thank you!

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In for a pair of shell boots!

Hi, I am also interested in a pair of Amaretto Shell Cordovan Boots, can I still get in?

9. WNovizar (Probably going to be NST boots)

Yes please add me. Thanks cc

Count me in.

Yet to decide on style. But likely to be a semi-brogue oxford.

please add me in too :)

Added.

@WNovizar I have added you, but please confirm if you are still interested even though Galway style is not available.

We have reached 12. If there are more interests please let me know, just in case people change their minds.

Don’t have time to type, but here is the current list of participants.

056843E9-2D23-4654-A1A7-3EC8F6B58030.jpeg

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the very detailed reply. I am about 99% sure I understand the explanation. To confirm, is distinction based upon whether it is a single piece or two pieces of leather in the toe? Ie. whether the split toe stitching is functional or decorative. 80488 is the model that I would most likely prefer and I am guessing this will be an example of the entrecarne reverse hand stitch?

While on this discussion about the norwegian models, I have found some images of them on the Rain and Forest lasts. I'm guessing that they have been made in other lasts as well. By chance, do you have any photos of them on other lasts?

thank you!

Here are pics of my NST boots in armagnac shell on Oscar. Someone on this thread has them in bourbon shell on Llubi or Detroit, that look terrific.

I might be interested in this style without the toe split, if it can be done on Llubi.

9DB5A446-0DBD-4BC5-B44F-69DF151FD9E1.jpeg

07A85206-E4E0-4AD6-AF7D-46F9942F4F16.jpeg

57C6BF0C-913C-40CA-B0E4-5D046360256C.jpeg

WNovizar

Reaction score
I am still on, just curious on to why Carmina does not well Galway Boots is all. I am still on for one NST boots

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Here are pics of my NST boots in armagnac shell on Oscar. Someone on this thread has them in bourbon shell on Llubi or Detroit, that look terrific.

I might be interested in this style without the toe split, if it can be done on Llubi.

View attachment 1135034
View attachment 1135033
View attachment 1135035

Fantastic, thanks for posting. Those look different (and better) than I expected on the Oscar last. Will try to hunt down the bourbon pair that you mentioned for comparison.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads