• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

andreasky

Reaction score
Prices for these style forum GMTO's would be the same as the pairs in our collection (ie. no custom fee), however we can only apply this to the members of the group if we are able to complete the group.
I would be interested in a plain toe blucher in black shell cordovan (like model 531) with Dainite sole, no storm welt. This would be a versatile and stylish shoe. Since I would be a new customer I do not know about size (I have 7 with British made shoes) and last (maybe Detroit).

Zeke90

Reaction score
Interested in a pair of double monks, how did you guys get your fit? Im interested in a simpson last. When trying on at the store, should the belt be buckled or not?

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interested in a pair of double monks, how did you guys get your fit? Im interested in a simpson last. When trying on at the store, should the belt be buckled or not?

I nailed down my fit by owning a bunch of Carminas. I was fitted in a Carmina store once, but more about trial and error. If you have any Allen Edmonds shoes for comparison I can try to help.

Yes, when trying on the belt should be buckled. You probably want the first or second hole to feel good in the store - if the third one fits now it may be too loose after the footbed settles.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Carmina If I understand you correctly, you’ll make me a Jodhpur in the Amaretto Shell so long as there are 12 of us ordering something. So, fellas I’m in whom ever is taking names. Please put me down for an Amaretto Shell Jodhpur. I would like it on the rain last, however I’ll need UK8.5 in whatever Carmina’s equivalent to a US E would be. I need it just a tad wider than the standard rain.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They don’t do shell jodhpurs or Chelsea’s anymore

I’m in for a longwing or maybe Wholecut oxford. Not sure which. In for something though

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They don’t do shell jodhpurs or Chelsea’s anymore

I’m in for a longwing or maybe Wholecut oxford. Not sure which. In for something though

Not saying you’re wrong, but unless you are part of their team I’d love to hear that from @Carmina.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

I have gone ahead and created a basic spreadsheet to track the Amaretto requests. If you are interested in the other leftover leathers that @Carmina mentioned, please feel free to add a different tab.

Please add you name to the list if interested. If you want more than one pair, please add two rows.

Let me know if you have difficulty with updating the file.

I have added:
@cc808314
@up1911fan
@flylikeneagle
@p1yhRZks

Tracking Spreadsheet

Last edited:

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No wholecut chelsea, or no type of chelsea at all?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads