• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you could finally make use of the customisation for our new Goodyear sport shoes @007Bond

Just a thought, would any of you be interested in creating MTO groups with exclusive leathers?

We currently have a small batch of amaretto Cordovan, maybe 7-8 pairs depending on the model.
I’d be in for something like kudu or the some of the other Stead suedes.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello @zag73, we can create a Group for any model in our exclusive leathers. Of course you are free to discuss and agree on the models you would like. Do remember MTO groups would include the special styleforum stamp on the insole and we would waive the customisation fee. Therefore, models specially manufactured to your specifications at retail prices.

Screen-Shot-2017-09-11-at-14.50.39.png

We currently have two types of waxed kudu from Charles F. Stead, Both in Bark or Gaucho colour. This would be for a maximum GMTO of 4-5 depending on the selected model. Casual and chunky models would be ideal for this leather.
Kudu gaucho.JPG Kudu bark.JPG
We also have the possibility of creating a made to order group for Pull up leather. This Regency Charles F. stead leather, would be available for 9-10 pairs. This leather would develop clearer parts as it is moulded over the last, therefore we can expected clearer ares over the stretched points such as the toe cap, counter...
Regency pull up.JPG

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello @zag73, we can create a Group for any model in our exclusive leathers. Of course you are free to discuss and agree on the models you would like. Do remember MTO groups would include the special styleforum stamp on the insole and we would waive the customisation fee. Therefore, models specially manufactured to your specifications at retail prices.

View attachment 1133788

We currently have two types of waxed kudu from Charles F. Stead, Both in Bark or Gaucho colour. This would be for a maximum GMTO of 4-5 depending on the selected model. Casual and chunky models would be ideal for this leather.
View attachment 1133782 View attachment 1133783
We also have the possibility of creating a made to order group for Pull up leather. This Regency Charles F. stead leather, would be available for 9-10 pairs. This leather would develop clearer parts as it is moulded over the last, therefore we can expected clearer ares over the stretched points such as the toe cap, counter...
View attachment 1133781
The kudu leather looks lovely. Would everyone have to order the same model? Or would you allow everyone to choose their own model but use the same leather?

It might be worthwhile post on here what small batches of leather you have. This would probably peak a lot of interest.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ideally, we would like to manufacture the same models. However, we are open to manufacture different models as long as the complete hide is used up in the GMTO. In the case of the waxed kudu leathers, we would need a group of 4-5 people to manufacture the group depending on the selected models.

I have attached additional pictures of the hides, the gaucho colour in particular has a lovely detailing up close.

IMG_3599.JPG
IMG_3596.JPG

As per small batches, it is certainly an option.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The kudu leather looks lovely. Would everyone have to order the same model? Or would you allow everyone to choose their own model but use the same leather?

It might be worthwhile post on here what small batches of leather you have. This would probably peak a lot of interest.
Any leathers of the below page?
http://www.cfstead.com/products/

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many thanks @007Bond , we have extended the promotion 24 more hours. The customisation fee should be waived right before the payment step in your order. Do let me know if it doe not work and we will create a special discount code for you.

I'm glad you could finally make use of the customisation for our new Goodyear sport shoes @007Bond

Thank you for helping with my order. Im looking fwd to my shell cordovan sneakers, perhaps the only shell cordovan sneakers in existence, at least that I know of. I wonder if you have received any others who requested your new sneaker in shell cordovan?

With the spring and summer seasons just around the corner I am really excited to receive the sneakers.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for helping with my order. Im looking fwd to my shell cordovan sneakers, perhaps the only shell cordovan sneakers in existence, at least that I know of. I wonder if you have received any others who requested your new sneaker in shell cordovan?

With the spring and summer seasons just around the corner I am really excited to receive the sneakers.
We did, many clients where interested in this new range and the current MTO, we cannot wait to see all of your creations. However you where the first in Navy cordovan.

jctune

Reaction score
We have the waxed kudu from Charles F. Stead for the time being.
Ok I'll jump in first on this.
  • Bark Kudu - the Gaucho looks great as well
  • 2-eyelet Norwegian Derby 80505 (would be willing to go 5-eyelet 80414)
  • Forest last
  • Whisky lining
  • Open to discussion on sole and edge color

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just a thought, would any of you be interested in creating MTO groups with exclusive leathers?

We currently have a small batch of amaretto Cordovan, maybe 7-8 pairs depending on the model.
I'm up for boot in Amaretto, cap toe or wingtip. Anyone else interested?

Zeke90

Reaction score
Just got the wholecut dark brown suede oxfords on the rain last, tomir sole; courtesy of the carmina online outlet sale.

IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

My first pair of carminas, and the fit is excellent. Looking forward to wearing them more on my days off.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics