• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
State of affairs.

I decided to post this here since 90% of my shoes are Carmina.

Interesting I was at my Dr today wearing my shell PTB's and nurse says wow very nice shoes you have today. Then when the Dr came in he says again wow you are wearing very nice shoes today. Out of curiosity I asked what makes you say that? He says well your shoes have a nice shine to them and that's something you don't see anymore. So I say a shine? He says yes that looks like fine leather and it is polished to a gloss, these days no one thinks twice about shoes they just wear whatever taking no mind to how it looks or how clean it is.

So I was thinking what a shame, I mean at most offices I go to I do have the best shoes that I seen anyone wearing. This is a sad state of affairs has casual Friday's that eventually turned to casual everyday caused this... So far today I have taken extra notice of well dressed folks shoes, my Dr is right many well dressed men head to ankle, and then total fail on the shoes.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody who ordered a 45-day-wait backordered pair of shoes during the summer sale in late May received their order yet? Just wondering when to expect mine.

All I can say it I just recieved my GMTO that was about the 2 month mark from date of order to delivery. This is the longest I have ever waited so maybe they are behind a bit now. You can always email them to get the status of your order.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I can say it I just recieved my GMTO that was about the 2 month mark from date of order to delivery. This is the longest I have ever waited so maybe they are behind a bit now. You can always email them to get the status of your order.

Awesome. Thanks! I imagine it will be longer given the uptick I orders for the sale...

Fab75

Reaction score
75A80FA8-5DBD-433D-BBB8-8CB864D1E13A.jpeg

Taverner.cohen

Reaction score
Has anybody who ordered a 45-day-wait backordered pair of shoes during the summer sale in late May received their order yet? Just wondering when to expect mine.
eventually it is so long 45 days, but in terms of handmade shoes 45 days is nothing, I will contact them directly in order to find out

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like they have 60 days now on their site for stuff not in stock

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
State of affairs.

I decided to post this here since 90% of my shoes are Carmina.

Interesting I was at my Dr today wearing my shell PTB's and nurse says wow very nice shoes you have today. Then when the Dr came in he says again wow you are wearing very nice shoes today. Out of curiosity I asked what makes you say that? He says well your shoes have a nice shine to them and that's something you don't see anymore. So I say a shine? He says yes that looks like fine leather and it is polished to a gloss, these days no one thinks twice about shoes they just wear whatever taking no mind to how it looks or how clean it is.

So I was thinking what a shame, I mean at most offices I go to I do have the best shoes that I seen anyone wearing. This is a sad state of affairs has casual Friday's that eventually turned to casual everyday caused this... So far today I have taken extra notice of well dressed folks shoes, my Dr is right many well dressed men head to ankle, and then total fail on the shoes.

Yep, I’ve got the same experience. I too, because of all the comments I receive about my shoes, have began to check other fellas shoes. Beautiful suits, and just unexplainably bad shoes. I can tell by the cut of their suits that they’ve spent a good chunk on them. We styleforum lot, are definitely in the minority.

fan114

Reaction score
The blue shell GMTO's just showed up.

Shoe trees were included as well as the wallet and a nice mini bag for the wallet too.

Fantastic all around.

View attachment 1001214 View attachment 1001215

The blue under sun is really awesome.

I don't own many trousers in my wardrobe.
Which color match with it the most?
Planning on making new trousers now.

IMG_7221.JPG
IMG_E7245.JPG
IMG_E7246.JPG

gianm

Reaction score
I'm looking for opinions/suggestions on this pair of brown oxfords I grabbed during the memorial day sale. They were a bit of an impulse buy and I've since wondered about how I'll use them.

The pictures on the site had a shade that I liked. My pair is a bit lighter in reality.
full

Would I be able to replicate something closer to the website using a dark brown polish?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Need a sizing advice. How does the Alcudia last compare to the Rain and Simpson last? For reference: I’m wearing Rain UK8.5 and Simpson UK9. Simpson fits me better.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need a sizing advice. How does the Alcudia last compare to the Rain and Simpson last? For reference: I’m wearing Rain UK8.5 and Simpson UK9. Simpson fits me better.

Quite similar to Simpson. Only real difference is that Alcudia is a little bigger at the very top of the cone; if your laces are not fully closed in Simpson shoes Alcudia will probably work quite well for you. Take your Simpson size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads