• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good day. Sorry for the delay.

Received the Repello this week and this is my conclusion.

Repello is just slightly less luxurious and with a bit less sheen than Carmina's regular suede. On a stand alone basis the Repello easily meets my criteria for a dress suede. See picture here (L to R) Carmina regular suede - Carmina Repello suede - Alden's suede....from most to least luxurious (I love all three).

Notice that, though both Carminas are classified as dark brown, the regular suede is definitely a few shades darker.

View attachment 1806825 View attachment 1806829

I got the Repello for summer rains here in S.Florida and was intrigued with concept that this suede doesn't require yearly application of suede protector. Supposedly the protection applied during the manufacturing process is for life of the leather. Well, I decided to test it right out of the box with a bath in the utility sink.....

View attachment 1806830 View attachment 1806831 View attachment 1806832

Did that for about 30 seconds. No water infusion into the inside of the shoe. Dried almost immediately as well. Seems like a winner.

Hope that helps.
Is the Alden chukka their dark brown offering?

cop1211

Reaction score
Sineu last true to size? I take a 7 on the rain and Simpson.

Style989

Reaction score
Beautiful shoes. I do find the indentation and mark offensive and would likely have them send a replacement.
Thank you, I've asked Carmina to replace them. They've asked for photos of it and now more photos which I sent them. So I'm waiting on them now

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Russian calf NSTs:
E5B20E80-7B8D-4904-BB9C-F6345C0D3E88.jpeg

Does someone have any MTO boots (or atleast shoes) on Calvia last? Would be interested in some photos as Carmina use this last only on it's sneakers, one off the shelf derby and Chukka which I've seen photos only from their website. Does someone has any experience Calvia last (it is written to be military last).

mlcgloves

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the penny loafers on the Simpson last? I have Chelsea boots on the Simpson and I'm wondering if I need to size down half a size because its a loafer or if the same size is okay?

Justsole

Reaction score
anyone able to identify the makeup for this?

Attachments

• 92B79A7F-1A3B-4FA4-B60F-69111C76F8B7.png
    92B79A7F-1A3B-4FA4-B60F-69111C76F8B7.png
    821.1 KB · Views: 125

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the penny loafers on the Simpson last? I have Chelsea boots on the Simpson and I'm wondering if I need to size down half a size because its a loafer or if the same size is okay?

The only Simpson lasted shoe I have that fits unusually are the basket weave loafers, which run large it seems

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics