• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let the arrival season begin..

Russian Grain tanker…❤

@Carmina absolutely killed it..
View attachment 1736481
Perhaps my ignorance is showing - but what makes Russian Grain worth the extra cost? Isn't it just a basic hatch grain cowhide meant to mimic the old Russain reindeer hide that was at the bottom of the ocean for like 200 years? I'm a huge fan of textured leathers, so I get the appeal, but was wondering if I'm just missing something.

Absolutely killer pair though

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Perhaps my ignorance is showing - but what makes Russian Grain worth the extra cost? Isn't it just a basic hatch grain cowhide meant to mimic the old Russain reindeer hide that was at the bottom of the ocean for like 200 years? I'm a huge fan of textured leathers, so I get the appeal, but was wondering if I'm just missing something.

I’m assuming it’s the time to tan? Bakers who make it (or this version) it’s also Ox hide as opposed to calf I think so not sure if that has any bearing.
In the flesh it’s stunning stuff.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score

Based on what I’ve been told: it’s a different tanning process than normal leather. It takes longer. It smells different from normal leather. And it’s sturdier than calf. I’ve been told “half step below shell” levels of resilience. In person it looks phenomenal. Photos look great but in person it definitely feels and looks special.

Baked Potato

Reaction score
Guys, is it only me who's still waiting for my shoes to arrive since the latest custom weekend?

KarlHungus

Reaction score
Guys, is it only me who's still waiting for my shoes to arrive since the latest custom weekend?
I have a pair outstanding but I live in Asia and package is en route. Suggest you ask the customer service for the tracking number on your shipment, it may very well be on its way.

Soixante

Reaction score

Bakers version are calf not cowhides nor steers (Horweens) and they are the closest properties to the OG’s.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I checked in on mine - they were damaged and being rebuilt. That's fairly typical for my larger size to have a screw up during production, plus they're wholecuts at that...

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
IMG_3348 (002).jpg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s one of those leathers one must handle in person to perceive how different, and for me special, this leather is. Like all things, it’s not for everyone, but I love the material.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads