• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I've been hit by the Carmina QC curse; my triple sole boots arrived looking very single-soled.

Might be their dressy sleek looking version of a triple sole? Very Euro high couture.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm ashamed to say they don't fit me for ****... "Good thing" I bought three pairs. HMU if you're interested... :(
Are you striking out with Carmina fit? You've got a couple other pairs in the BST right?

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So far. I've had two Oscars 9.5 which are seemingly too small and three Detroits which are seemingly too big... I can't win!

thefoobar

Reaction score
So far. I've had two Oscars 9.5 which are seemingly too small and three Detroits which are seemingly too big... I can't win!
Is it just that they don't grip the ankle around the top of the foot properly, and you get heel slip? Or is the actual insole too wide too? Honestly I looked at those and thought that they had done an exceptionally loose blocking of the uppers - all carmina chelseas tend to be loose like that and only suit high volume ankles.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I'm ashamed to say they don't fit me for ****... "Good thing" I bought three pairs. HMU if you're interested... :(
Are they the super wide Detroit? I’ve not had either fitting but one is supposed to be super generous.

Goofy

Reaction score
Did anyone else not receive their free complimentary belt with their Black Friday promotional offer? Pretty sloppy of them not to include the item the entire promotion revolves around.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just that they don't grip the ankle around the top of the foot properly, and you get heel slip? Or is the actual insole too wide too? Honestly I looked at those and thought that they had done an exceptionally loose blocking of the uppers - all carmina chelseas tend to be loose like that and only suit high volume ankles.

All of the above honestly, my foot is absolutely swimming... sigh

thefoobar

Reaction score
All of the above honestly, my foot is absolutely swimming... sigh
Try double sock, and then try insole (just get the one out of your sneakers if you don't have anything more appropriate), and report back?

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try double sock, and then try insole (just get the one out of your sneakers if you don't have anything more appropriate), and report back?
definitely. I tried the double sock off the bat, then a heavyweight hiking sock - my foot is still the small kid in the pool of the Detroit. I ordered some 3/4 and full insoles on AMZ to try as a remedy, so we'll see when they arrive if that does anything. Super disappointed with this fit, can't believe this last from Carmina seems so different from others

thefoobar

Reaction score
definitely. I tried the double sock off the bat, then a heavyweight hiking sock - my foot is still the small kid in the pool of the Detroit. I ordered some 3/4 and full insoles on AMZ to try as a remedy, so we'll see when they arrive if that does anything. Super disappointed with this fit, can't believe this last from Carmina seems so different from others
And what's your issue with Oscar then out of curiosity? Not enough instep room?

EUtroll

Reaction score

Too bad that they don't fit you well, gorgeous last for the model.

All feet are different and all lasts have different fitting characteristics, and Carmina do have a real strong line up of very different options.

In my case the Detroit last and, even more, the more voluminous Llubi last are among my best fitting lasts overall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads