• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided to get my first pair of loafers from Carmina rather than 2 from meermin. Can anyone attest for the comfort being any better or the same as meermin? Main reason I chose this route is because of how painful it was to break in my meermin loafers

So bearing in mind I own zero pairs from either of these makers but I have looked at examples from both up close....

I think even grouping those two together in the same sentence would be categorically incorrect. Like I said, I own neither - both produce very "sleek," very dressy oriented styles that just don't fit into my wardrobe well these days. But that's about where the similarities end. Imo - Meermin produces dazzling looking MTOs in wild, unusual colored shells for somewhat reasonable prices, not cheap but not expensive. That's about it - quality, build, finishing, basically the whole deal is wildly inferior to Carmina. If you're lucky I think they'd come out equal to or slightly below AE. Carmina was on a different level altogether. No comparison. Others can chime in if they want.

Goofy

Reaction score
Decided to get my first pair of loafers from Carmina rather than 2 from meermin. Can anyone attest for the comfort being any better or the same as meermin? Main reason I chose this route is because of how painful it was to break in my meermin loafers
Last summer I tried on the Xim and the driving loafer and they both felt very comfortable. I’d go as far as to say that there’s no break-in period necessary. I was so impressed that I’ve decided to take advantage of their Black Friday offering and ordered the Xim today.

Paddy1000111

Reaction score
Where is the best place to sell Carminas in the UK? I cancelled an order with them and got an MTO order made. They didn't cancel the origional order and now I have a brand new pair of Forest 813 wingtips in tan vegano (8.5) with steel taps fitted and a vegano belt that I don't want as I have the MTO's coming :brick:

Last edited:

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where is the best place to sell Carminas in the UK? I cancelled an order with them and got an MTO order made. They didn't cancel the origional order and now I have a brand new pair of Forest 813 wingtips in tan vegano (8.5) with steel taps fitted and a vegano belt that I don't want as I have the MTO's coming :brick:
If you cancelled but Carmina didn't follow up then it's their fault isn't it? So why would you have to sell them? I would have Carmina take them back for a full refund.

Paddy1000111

Reaction score
If you cancelled but Carmina didn't follow up then it's their fault isn't it? So why would you have to sell them? I would have Carmina take them back for a full refund.
I'll see how it goes, I did it all via live chat so I have no proof that I asked for it to be cancelled, or that I got a discount code for the inconvenience, or that I've asked twice where money is....

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Calways today:
F6100077-BA33-4AA1-A31F-89D29D6CA8AD.jpeg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Anyone ever try Forest in a half down from US brannock? If yes, curious how you'd compare the heel to ball length and instep vs detroit, soller, or oscar in a half size smaller (ie. normal UK brannock size).

Relatedly, I'd also be curious if anyone tried both oscar and forest a half size down from brannock and can compare. I've tried this for oscar previously but not forest.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This just in...

Longwing boots in color no. 8 shell and hatch shell (Soller last) on commando-style soles.

20211129_125741.jpg
20211129_125808.jpg

Forgive the quick and lousy office pics.

They are flawless!

Last edited:

hollandn

Reaction score
^^^ I opt for red lining in all of my custom Carmina.

Thanks!!
I am just going through the custom choices and what you have chosen is pretty much what I have gone for !! Look forward to seeing them on the foot !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads