• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven’t shared these since I’ve been busy, but here they go. This is from the MTO weekend prior to the 3D tool. Took pictures in different lighting. In retrospect, I’ve probably should’ve gone with tonal upper stitching but I still like them and on foot it’s not obvious. There’s definitely some more gaudy-looking boots out there in our bubble of footwear.
loden suede, Oscar last, it’s supposed to be dark gray upper stitching, double JR soles w stormwelt and hard fudging, green lining & light chestnut edges.
View attachment 1692600 View attachment 1692601 View attachment 1692604 View attachment 1692605
I feel like this is the shade of Loden that everybody who orders Loden wants it to be, instead of 90% brown and 10% green.

Great looking pair!

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I haven’t shared these since I’ve been busy, but here they go. This is from the MTO weekend prior to the 3D tool. Took pictures in different lighting. In retrospect, I’ve probably should’ve gone with tonal upper stitching but I still like them and on foot it’s not obvious. There’s definitely some more gaudy-looking boots out there in our bubble of footwear.
loden suede, Oscar last, it’s supposed to be dark gray upper stitching, double JR soles w stormwelt and hard fudging, green lining & light chestnut edges.
View attachment 1692600 View attachment 1692601 View attachment 1692604 View attachment 1692605
They actually turned out really nicely mate. Remember penicillin was created by accident.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20211027_094449.jpg

KarlHungus

Reaction score
The maker is located in Guangdong, China... so unless you are in or near China, don't think it would be economical to send in your shoes/boots to have the trees made.

Bonus pic of another boot trees she made for other people ;)

View attachment 1506644
Sorry for the Necro post but interested to learn more - DM coming your way

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, Frankensuede, ?

ANDREWOO!

Reaction score
You may come to appreciate the contrast even more with time. I have these same boots from Carmina that I dyed from Polo to a Moss Green / Bottle Green and the brown stitching didn't change color. At first I didn't like it, but I now love the contrast because the edges are chestnut and the laces are brown. All in all, beautiful

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with @ANDREWOO! these things are absolutely beautiful…killer choices on the details. :worship:

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, Frankensuede, ?
I really do like the Frankenstitch model, I might get another pair in the future.
You may come to appreciate the contrast even more with time. I have these same boots from Carmina that I dyed from Polo to a Moss Green / Bottle Green and the brown stitching didn't change color. At first I didn't like it, but I now love the contrast because the edges are chestnut and the laces are brown. All in all, beautiful
This is definitely the ideal shade of loden and as @PACostag said, it's what most of us expect.
I was sent a video of the boots being made from Carmina and began ******** bricks because of how light the threading looked, but on foot, they look great. I was thinking of spraying them with Saphir's green spray to cover the gray stitching, but I got over it. I'm meh about the stitching, but as you commented, over time I may come to appreciate the color of the stitching.
I agree with @ANDREWOO! these things are absolutely beautiful…killer choices on the details. :worship:
It's always great receiving affirmation from someone that has dozens of great MTOs, thank you. :fistbump:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really do like the Frankenstitch model, I might get another pair in the future.

It's always great receiving affirmation from someone that has dozens of great MTOs, thank you. :fistbump:

I mean it’s all subjective right? For my tastes though, you hit it out the park. It’s one of the great things about our collective whine fest,
(aka sf ) some great ideas are discovered. You’ve got me reimagining boots I have in the works.

Paddy1000111

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

New to the forum and I need a little advice on size. I want a custom pair made up and I went for forest last. I'm usually around a size 8.5 so I ordered a 8.5 and 8 to try for size before I placed the order. Would you say there is too much tongue exposed on these 8.5's? They feel relatively comfortable (slightly snug).

Ignore the socks, closest ones I had to hand.
DSC_1015.JPG

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

New to the forum and I need a little advice on size. I want a custom pair made up and I went for forest last. I'm usually around a size 8.5 so I ordered a 8.5 and 8 to try for size before I placed the order. Would you say there is too much tongue exposed on these 8.5's? They feel relatively comfortable (slightly snug).

Ignore the socks, closest ones I had to hand.
View attachment 1694183
That is quite a V indeed, you might want a shoe with a higher instep. With wear your feet will sink more into the cork footbed though and the leather stretches a bit so the V will probably become less with wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads