• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeddie

Reaction score
Hey there, can i please see pictures of marbled shell? It doesn't matter the last or style.

They only offer 2 marbled options this time around, I'm deciding if i want to wait till they offer more options

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As everyone decides what to MTO, just wanted to highlight that Carmina has a new Balmoral offering to consider.

Around the time that @George Red formally introduced the Calway derby boot, I was in conversation with my long time Carmina contact about introducing a shorter length (of shaft) balmoral boot similar to the C&J Charlton below (which I own). I think the C&J looks great dressed up or with jeans:
View attachment 1685050

So when the Calway made its debut it made sense to me to follow the design aesthetics put down by that sister boot (off center inverted "v" ). Thus we moved forward with the following design and model number 80841:

View attachment 1685068

The height of the pandemic slowed things down and I sort of put the project on the back burner. To be honest, I almost forgot about it. Well, to my surprise, as I perused the the Carmina site on Monday I see the following:

View attachment 1684991

I called my contact to thank him, but he was just as surprised as I was that the boot was already in production. Whoever pushed it through has my gratitude. My MTO is going to be a simple all black Vegano make-up.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case they were in the market for a shorter height balmoral boot.

Happy MTOing.
Super cool!

ScofieldReturns

Reaction score
Wow these new welt options are confusing me! What was their standard welt previously before this became customizable? Is there an "objectively" best welt type to get? Someone give me a crash course please! I was perfectly happy with whatever they used to have...

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Hey there, can i please see pictures of marbled shell? It doesn't matter the last or style.

They only offer 2 marbled options this time around, I'm deciding if i want to wait till they offer more options

Have a look at Horween’s U.K. stockist. The colour reproduction is quite faithful:

thefoobar

Reaction score
Where's the "special requests" text box in the MTO tool UI? I can't find a place to say "ignore my stitch color choice and choose whatever blends best".

DL120

Reaction score
Where's the "special requests" text box in the MTO tool UI? I can't find a place to say "ignore my stitch color choice and choose whatever blends best".
Yeah it’s a great point, I think an option like when it says “apply all” would be great if it popped up and said “choose default color palette or use best color compliment”. This way you could either use that option or you could at least visualize what carmina views as the typical pairing, and then iterate from that.
@Carmina possible future option?

zaiten

Reaction score
at the check out you can tick the box related to add comment about this order and write down your comments
Also contacting Carmina with order number and your comments would be helpful as the always pay attention to your email requests

Chronic_Zero

Reaction score
After spending an ungodly amount of hours playing with the new 3D customisation tool I gotta say it's really well done (and terribly dangerous)! The only pain is that the last of the model doesn't change, which makes it hard to visualise the end result sometimes. But I guess that must not be easy to achieve from a software perspective.

It was pretty hard to get just one pair. This Chelsea 80216 in Forest EEE eventually won, hopefully the double sole + dainite won't be too thick.

1634210915963.png

Last edited:

EUtroll

Reaction score
After spending an ungodly amount of hours playing with the new 3D customisation tool I gotta say it's really well done (and terribly dangerous)! The only pain is that the last of the model doesn't change, which makes it hard to visualise the end result sometimes. But I guess that must not be easy to achieve from a software perspective.

It was pretty hard to get just one pair. This Chelsea 80216 in Forest EEE eventually won, hopefully the double sole + dainite won't be too thick.

View attachment 1685217
Nice choice of leather! Which one is it?

svf

Reaction score
Yeah, this 3d tool is dangerous!

Is there any way to save your work so you can go back later and edit? I have 1 item in the checkout (loden suede jodhpurs on Simpson last w/Silver sole) which I think is set, but I'd like to play around more with some other styles and saving would be awesome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads