• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hah, that was the plan! Go big or go home! Do you feel double or triple soles are more comfortable? I've never tried them myself.
Well the last pair I got on double leather from Carmina was similar to a Trickers single leather aesthetic wise so my rationale was triple is similar to double. I love double leather soles. Probably most comfortable pairs I have.

Korix

Reaction score
I have been trying to access the Carmina Customisation tool since last night but it keeps crashing. I will try again later. Also, how is the waiving of the custom fee reflected? is it waived at the end? After all selections are done? TIA!

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I have been trying to access the Carmina Customisation tool since last night but it keeps crashing. I will try again later. Also, how is the waiving of the custom fee reflected? is it waived at the end? After all selections are done? TIA!
When added to basket and you head to checkout It deducts the upcharge then and displays the amount. Probably everyone and their grannies on it now! ?

xxxRacer

Reaction score
It won't give me the option to double-sole or for storm welt. Overall it's really impressive but not at the expense of losing my double sole and welting options!
AND.... Who decided to do bourbon cross hatch cordovan BEFORE black! What the fudge? And if you were going to do an "off" color why not SADDLE? The cross hatch would look better on it than bourbon!

Shetterd

Reaction score
It won't give me the option to double-sole or for storm welt. Overall it's really impressive but not at the expense of losing my double sole and welting options!
AND.... Who decided to do bourbon cross hatch cordovan BEFORE black! What the fudge? And if you were going to do an "off" color why not SADDLE? The cross hatch would look better on it than bourbon!
The welt options are still there. Under “edge” I think. There’s even a new one: 360 degree welt without storm welt! (Plus there’s a triple sole option.)

johnny ribeye

Reaction score
As a follow up question, can you tell us what is the standard fudging used on the RTW wholecut oxfords? Is it hard or soft fudging?

DL120

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I’m collaborating with carmina on their new 3D custom tool. Here’s I video demo I did on it

Here’s my collab link, if you guys are interested you can get to the new tool using the link here:

This is a link they created for me to share during the promotion. Please feel free to use it to get to the custom tool, and tag me here with any questions. I’ll do another video in the coming days of the boot I’m designing in collaboration with @Carmina ????

trevorplease

Reaction score
I can’t actually add any shoes to cart on the new customizer.

they actually even let you choose your own piping! What is the standard leather they use for piping shell Cordovan ?

is there any examples of VIOLET stitching?

officine

Reaction score
As everyone decides what to MTO, just wanted to highlight that Carmina has a new Balmoral offering to consider.

Around the time that @George Red formally introduced the Calway derby boot, I was in conversation with my long time Carmina contact about introducing a shorter length (of shaft) balmoral boot similar to the C&J Charlton below (which I own). I think the C&J looks great dressed up or with jeans:
C86ECA69-8014-4D5C-AD5E-53D1CCDE8155.jpeg

So when the Calway made its debut it made sense to me to follow the design aesthetics put down by that sister boot (off center inverted "v" ). Thus we moved forward with the following design and model number 80841:

81EF9293-0291-4584-8C58-EB4D2841795E.jpeg

The height of the pandemic slowed things down and I sort of put the project on the back burner. To be honest, I almost forgot about it. Well, to my surprise, as I perused the the Carmina site on Monday I see the following:

1D53110B-BF57-47A2-81CC-4980E8C6CA27.jpeg

I called my contact to thank him, but he was just as surprised as I was that the boot was already in production. Whoever pushed it through has my gratitude. My MTO is going to be a simple all black Vegano make-up.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case they were in the market for a shorter height balmoral boot.

Happy MTOing.

Last edited:

Frozenhaze

Reaction score
Good afternoon, gentlemen!

Hope you are enjoying out our freshly launched tool - 3D Custom Weekend is now live, and we are celebrating with waiving the fee for all personalized shoes, during 13th - 17th of October.

@zaiten, some narrow lasts cannot be equipped with a Victoria sole, sorry about that. Silver could be an option, or a half rubber sole, perhaps?
@Carmina as a side note, the link in your SF user signature "carminashoemaker.com" does not work but generates an error. Another thing concerns the color options of the stitching in the tool, the color did not seem to change in the simulated image. Otherwise a great tool. I will be happy to order more quality shoes from you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads