• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

isaiah_iv

Reaction score
I have sent you a PM on the errors as we would need a bit more information. We will do our best to remedy this in a timely manner, sorry for that.

Regarding the triple sole option, it is basically 3 layers x 1.5 mm, a 4.5 mm thickness. We recommend having it assembled using the Goodyear Flex option for increased flexibility.

What is the difference between Soft Fudging and Hard Fudging at the welt? Thanks for your helping.

And the Chelsea boots 80809 are not available to customize by the new 3D Tool. Any reason?

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What is the difference between Soft Fudging and Hard Fudging at the welt? Thanks for your helping.

The soft/hard fudging makes reference to the ´´intensity´´ of the fudging and how visible would you like it to be. You can also choose without any fudging if you prefer.

1634141787376.png

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And the Chelsea boots 80809 are not available to customize by the new 3D Tool. Any reason?
[/QUOTE]

We are yet to upload all styles we were previously offering, however all models can be requested either via e-mail or our preferred method, the special requests section.

aabbcc

Reaction score
First of all, wow, this tool is too amazing!

Next, some questions, I'm looking to make a custom longwing derby 532:

1. I have a pair of boots in the soller last, I love this shape but would like something slightly less roomier and with lower vamp but with the same genereal round shape, would the Oscar be a good fit? I dont want the derbys to be too sleek or too square like the Robert last. Basically Im looking for something like the Loake bullet last, i.e round with a slight almond shape, see here: https://www.loake.com/product/birkdale-brown-grain/

2. I also love the leather on the same boots. They are chestnust colored grain, not sure if you even still have this leather in stock since I think it was a custom boot Skoaktiebolaget made with leather from Tärnsjö 6-7 years ago. On the inside of the boot it says "1 6522 7 1/2 80179" the box only says "Cuero". If I want a leather very similair to this one which should I choose? The Pompeii finish Karagrain looks similair but hard to tell. Below is a photo of the tärnjö leather boot:

3. I want a 360 storm welt but am unsure what to choose since I dont know the difference of the various options (if it matters these shoes will be used in Sweden during autumn/winter when it often rains, snows and is slushy):

360° Storm welt
360° Storm welt and Soft Fudging
360° Storm welt and Hard Fudging

Bonues feature request: It would be totally amazing if the 3d model could incorporate the various lasts, i.e. when changing last the 3d model of the shoe gets updated to display that last.

Last edited:

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
First of all, wow, this tool is too amazing!

Next, some questions, I'm looking to make a custom longwing derby 532:

1. I have a pair of boots in the soller last, I love this shape but would like something slightly less roomier and with lower vamp but with the same genereal round shape, would the Oscar be a good fit? I dont want the derbys to be too sleek or too square like the Robert last.

2. I also love the leather on the same boots. They are chestnust colored grain, not sure if you even still have this leather in stock since I think it was a custom boot Skoaktiebolaget made with leather from Tärnsjö 6-7 years ago. On the inside of the boot it says "1 6522 7 1/2 80179" the box only says "Cuero". If I want a leather very similair to this one which should I choose? The Pompeii finish Karagrain looks similair but hard to tell. Below is a photo of the tärnjö leather boot:

3. I want a 360 storm welt but am unsure what to choose since I dont know the difference of the various options (if it matters these shoes will be used in Sweden during autumn/winter when it often rains, snows and is slushy):

360° Storm welt
360° Storm welt and Soft Fudging
360° Storm welt and Hard Fudging

Others may be better able to comment as I have neither tsarnjo or karagrein leather but from pics I have seen the karagrein is much more of a true pebble printed leather. I think they aren’t that similar.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great to see @Carmina back and the new customization tool is awesome! Does anyone have a summary of the differences between the various Chelsea models? Also, has anyone done a Oscar Chelsea makeup before?

MacGuffen

Reaction score
I have sent you a PM on the errors as we would need a bit more information. We will do our best to remedy this in a timely manner, sorry for that.

Regarding the triple sole option, it is basically 3 layers x 1.5 mm, a 4.5 mm thickness. We recommend having it assembled using the Goodyear Flex option for increased flexibility.
Considering double or triple soles just for the heck of it to experience what it's like. If one is willing to power through the break in with triple soles, is the Goodyear Flex option necessary? Is triple soles more comfortable after break in than single soles?

Also, what is Goodyear Flex anyway? I can't seem to find any information about it by googling.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Considering double or triple soles just for the heck of it to experience what it's like. If one is willing to power through the break in with triple soles, is the Goodyear Flex option necessary? Is triple soles more comfortable after break in than single soles?

Also, what is Goodyear Flex anyway? I can't seem to find any information about it by googling.
The double soles aren’t mega thick so I gambled on triple mate. I’d defo stick to GYW though. Man up and power on! ???

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
@Carmina just a heads up: I can't get to page 2 of the boots on the 3D tool. I've tried on multiple browsers and multiple devices. It just keeps taking me back to page 1 of boots. It won't "show all" either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads