• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

weriker

Reaction score
I was wondering about the vogue suede specifically, as they don't seem to have the regular suede in burgundy.
Did you ask them if the regular burgundy was available? If I remember correctly @Carmina (Sara) once wrote, that they do have burgundy suede available and that it could be requested in the comments section. I don't know if that still is the case.

Personally, I wouldn't use a thin suede for the shaft of the "Calway".

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Great looking boots!
If you don't mind me asking, how roomy is the toe box of the Llubi last compared to other Carmina and/or Trickers lasts?
Any chance of a top view picture next to some of your other boots with roomy toe boxes?
It’s pretty relaxed. First time I used that last. It’s similar fit to 4497s Trickers which is TTS. I only had Oscar previously and they fit very similarly.

zaiten

Reaction score
Any Ideas about Carmina’s last that is similar to Viberg Halkett Boot in attached photo, noting that Viberg’s are on their 2030 last.
150E9591-DB9B-41D5-BA52-7E02E9CA4768.jpeg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I don't think there are any Carmina lasts that are that similar to 2030, to be honest with you. Maybe Detroit or Llubi, although I have no experience with Llubi. Detroit is a fairly chunky last (for Carmina) but the toe is a bit more of a soft square. Maybe Oscar could be in that range as well given the round toe but I feel like it's a more refined last than 2030.

oskrusa

Reaction score
Any Ideas about Carmina’s last that is similar to Viberg Halkett Boot in attached photo, noting that Viberg’s are on their 2030 last. View attachment 1675840

I would say Llubi and Oscar might be the closest lasts.

This pair is on Soller, but the front looks longer:

Screenshot_20210927-100126_Chrome.jpg

I don't think there are any Carmina lasts that are that similar to 2030, to be honest with you. Maybe Detroit or Llubi, although I have no experience with Llubi. Detroit is a fairly chunky last (for Carmina) but the toe is a bit more of a soft square. Maybe Oscar could be in that range as well given the round toe but I feel like it's a more refined last than 2030.

I agree with you, Detroit with its soft square profile would be slightly more off the mark when compared to Llubi and Oscar.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I would say Llubi and Oscar might be the closest lasts.

This pair is on Soller, but the front looks longer:

I agree with you, Detroit with its soft square profile would be slightly more off the mark when compared to Llubi and Oscar.

I don't have anything on llubi but I can take a pic later comparing 2030 to soller, oscar, and detroit if OP needs. As you noted, soller has a much more elongated toe. It's a great last but I don't feel like it's a close analogue to 2030.

zaiten

Reaction score
I don't have anything on llubi but I can take a pic later comparing 2030 to soller, oscar, and detroit if OP needs. As you noted, soller has a much more elongated toe. It's a great last but I don't feel like it's a close analogue to 2030.
Would appreciate some photos, if possible.
and I agree with you that Oscar would be the closest match, yet refined.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads