• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cal135

Reaction score
Very very nice. Are these on Rain? Any more pics?
These are on narrow Rain (D).
IMG_20210918_084124.jpg
IMG_20210916_172000.jpg

DL120

Reaction score
I didn’t realize you were on SF. What did you order?

Pretty much. My MTO hasn’t even left Spain. ?
Is yours stuck in NYC?
Not sure. I didn’t even know it was shipped. Apparently they shipped it to the nyc store instead of to me. And it’s been in customs with 3-4 other items for 3 weeks

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure. I didn’t even know it was shipped. Apparently they shipped it to the nyc store instead of to me. And it’s been in customs with 3-4 other items for 3 weeks
I hope they arrive with shoe trees in them, compliments of the NYC store! hahahah

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Rain last fit vs Oscar? I have Llubi which fits same as Oscar. If the mto weekend should come to pass the above green boot has made me think of Rain…any advice gents?

Jeddie

Reaction score
Customization pricing help-
for those that did the last fee waving event

I'm currently saving up for the next Customization fee waving event and i had a question, about how much did you pay after the fee was removed? I'm contemplating getting either a pair of derby or Chelsea boots in Cordovan and wanted to know how much i should save.

Thank you

Shetterd

Reaction score
Customization pricing help-
for those that did the last fee waving event

I'm currently saving up for the next Customization fee waving event and i had a question, about how much did you pay after the fee was removed? I'm contemplating getting either a pair of derby or Chelsea boots in Cordovan and wanted to know how much i should save.

Thank you
You pay about the same as normal non-MTO price, if that makes sense. So around 400€ for shoes and around 440€ for boots (for calfskin leathers/suede).

Jeddie

Reaction score
You pay about the same as normal non-MTO price, if that makes sense. So around 400€ for shoes and around 440€ for boots (for calfskin leathers/suede).

It does make sense, thats what i assumed but i wasnt sure.

Thank you.

mlcgloves

Reaction score
What shoe trees do you guys recommend for Carmina's? Are their Beachwood shoetrees worth it or would cheaper trees do the job?

thefoobar

Reaction score
all shoe trees are essentially the same and do the exact same thing. You're paying a premium for the aesthetics.
To be fair, the shape of Carmina's trees fits their shoes a lot better than the generic Cedar ones. They also sell hinged trees, which I buy slightly too large (I'm a half size), then rasp and sand down to an even more exact fit, like a proper lasted tree. It's worth it for me because it allows me to stretch and flatten the rolls on the vamp of cordovan shoes that are lasted less tightly. Pediwear sells them cheaper than Carmina.

DL120

Reaction score
all shoe trees are essentially the same and do the exact same thing. You're paying a premium for the aesthetics.
All shoe trees are definitely not created equally.

What shoe trees do you guys recommend for Carmina's? Are their Beachwood shoetrees worth it or would cheaper trees do the job?

The primary purpose of shoe trees are to extend the sole back to its original position, and pull the upper taught to its original shape. So your run of the mill $25 tree will do a mediocre job, as it’s not designed to fit all shapes and won’t extend as far into the toe as trees designed on the last or makers basic last (like carmina)

That said, the quality of carminas trees at $90(I think) vs say meccariello’s spring trees at €100, the carmina aren’t as solid in construction. But it’s based on the Carmina general last shape so if you want the best off the rack tree (meaning you don’t have to sand it) then carminas trees would be the best option for carmina shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads