• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're lined, these guys from Gentlemen's Footwear.
Sweet. I just ordered the Burnished Armagnac unlined shell chukkas from them. They arrived yesterday. I love them. The look, the fit and the feel of the unlined shell chukka is awesome IMO. This was my first goo at the Sineu last and it fits well. I sent them in to have toe plates installed, so I can't take pictures of them right nw

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, actually the pictures with the "holes" or whatever those are weren't added yet when I typed in my response. I revoke my above statement, this doesn't look like something you should expect.
? I was kidding. Apologies for any offence caused.

zaiten

Reaction score
Those issues with welting are not something to keep.
I had the same issue and Ioana thankfully helped me with a remake.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are a 9.5UK on the Oscar last
Rats, I was hoping they were UK8.5, I was going to keep my eyes out for them on the Outlet site.
E30AC115-24F0-4466-A28D-8E629EBAA6C5.gif

Last edited:

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some natural light photos for everyone. Looking closer at these, I did find some wonkiness, but what does the experienced Carmina crowd here think? Some panels have some pretty distinct lines in them and the toe caps seem to have some pinching going on around the welt.

Nice sunny shots:
View attachment 1646431
View attachment 1646432
View attachment 1646433
View attachment 1646434

Wonkiness:
View attachment 1646435
View attachment 1646443
View attachment 1646436
View attachment 1646437
View attachment 1646438
View attachment 1646444
View attachment 1646445
View attachment 1646446
I'd be somewhat alarmed by the holes.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t aware we could request leathers from Carmina, has anyone does this and what’s the upcharge? Or does one need to source the leather themself?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t aware we could request leathers from Carmina, has anyone does this and what’s the upcharge? Or does one need to source the leather themself?
I talked with Sara, and just asked what was available.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
During the MTO Weekend I inquired about natural shell cordovan, and it was available. I figure if it was offered previously, your chances are good. It seems like they offer just about anything you can think of.

mrf

Reaction score

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the exact reason I will always come back to Carmina. A plethora of lasts, leathers and they truly let the customer tinker with nuances. I can’t wait for my pair. I’m already thinking of my next MTO build….

your boots look great! It might be a micro-detail but I love the purple lining!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads