• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

killer121

Reaction score
I wouldn't bother probably; it's not particularly visible and if yours is like mine, there doesn't seem to be a good way to detach the buckle without doing a bit of minor surgery to the shoe (and you risk them taking a shortcut, like cutting the elastic band, switching the buckles, and sewing the elastic back together). What's the color of the shoe and what buckles did they use?
You pretty much sums up all my thought,

I was trying to get a more rustic look with their vintage gold option which look like vintage brass on their website, end up with their shiny gold buckle instead,

I think I will still email them about it, but I doubt it would be an easy fix unless shortcuts are taken, might just sand the shine out my self and let it patina.

Not a deal breaker, but not impressed that I have to risk it my self

Last edited:

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Dear NYCTechNerd,

I have sent you a PM regarding this issue. We must profoundly apologize for this, please be so kind as to reply to my PM with your order details.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

In today's episode of Carmina Quality Control: Keep or Return

I give you my latest non-sale, non-closeout, non-mto, (unbeknownst to me) direct from Spain offering. I know we all have different levels of what we will accept but the pictures do not fully capture the fact that someone must have been drunk when stitching the captoe and/or lasting the upper because the right shoe is really off.

It appears these were a floor model because somebody removed what I assume was a label from the bottom of both shoes. And, the box is generic with no model numbers which have always been on the other boxes I have received. So far, I am 1 for 4 with Carmina with the 1 purchased in-store being near perfect and 3 bought via the website (2 shipped from the NYC store and the most recent from Spain) having serious QC issues and returned as a result. So what say you all, are these keepers or returns?

View attachment 1639256
View attachment 1639257

View attachment 1639258 View attachment 1639259

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Dear NYCTechNerd,

I have sent you a PM regarding this issue. We must profoundly apologize for this, please be so kind as to reply to my PM with your order details.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Dear Ioana,

Thank you so much for your note. I visited the NYC 45th street store yesterday (I live about 1 mile away from it), had a nice conversation with Richard, and he said he would take care of it for me.

One thing that would help me and others (who may or may not live close to a store) is the policy on return shipping charges and when non-mto shoes purchased on the website are shipping from Spain or the NYC stores. I learned yesterday that if I purchase a shoe on the website, it ships from Spain, and I need to return it, I must pay the $35 return fee but if I purchase that same shoe via the NYC store that ships from Spain, try it on in-person, and then ask for a refund, I do not pay the fee.

Thank you.

Betta

Reaction score
Dear Ioana,

Thank you so much for your note. I visited the NYC 45th street store yesterday (I live about 1 mile away from it), had a nice conversation with Richard, and he said he would take care of it for me.

One thing that would help me and others (who may or may not live close to a store) is the policy on return shipping charges and when non-mto shoes purchased on the website are shipping from Spain or the NYC stores. I learned yesterday that if I purchase a shoe on the website, it ships from Spain, and I need to return it, I must pay the $35 return fee but if I purchase that same shoe via the NYC store that ships from Spain, try it on in-person, and then ask for a refund, I do not pay the fee.

Thank you.
This is why I always use paypal for any purchase! Return shipment on them!

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean. How is it different because of PayPal?
You get x number of free returns. You lay the postage and then send them the receipt. I think the limit is £15 postage refund by purchase. Check on the PayPal website

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Colour 8 cxl Chelsea’s..
1D7A4645-B660-44E7-B203-D6D9BF1DA543.jpeg

EricEric999

Reaction score
They contact me ,so I take back my post first ,waiting for Carmina solve it.

Last edited:

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi gents
I have a terrible experinence with Carmina ,I hope can get some tips from you.
I received my MTO shoes in last month which one made by Bourbon shell cordovan. But there are some scratches on the shoes and the color also totally different with other people’s Bourbon shell cordovan. Then I contact the customer service, they gave me a return label. After they received my return, Ioana told me that the shoes be sent to the factory for repair, they can offer me 10% discount for shoes or remake it , also I can get refund. First I talk about with them how can we remake a new pair, but I find it difficult to communicate,then I think to get refund is better now.

But Ineke start to contact with me , he told me the shoes have no problem ,so I only can get store credit or take the repair one. It’s a terrible experience, they make me feel be cheated. First they told people can get refund, but they never give you refund when you really want it. I think that Carmina have good customer service before, but they also become worse like the QC.
Do you have pictures of the shoes?

EricEric999

Reaction score
They contact me ,so I take back my post first ,waiting for Carmina solve it.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads