• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
One picture is not enough

will get an on foot pic tomorrow..
D096EC50-D9E7-4E91-B35B-9AC9685F1706.jpeg

EricEric999

Reaction score
I just get my carmina bourbon shell cordovan shoes. It is shows a strange color compare with before. There are some scratches on the shoes, should it be accepted. Is there some on can comfirm with me its bourbon shellcordovan or natural shellcordovan.

Attachments

• 20210615_110203.jpg
    20210615_110203.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 20210615_112048.jpg
    20210615_112048.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 20210615_115445.jpg
    20210615_115445.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

JAS01

Reaction score
Greetings, I'm looking to order a pair of customized Carminas online, so I would like some sizing advice - currently coming from Aldens, wearing an 8E in Barrie and 8D in Modified. The Modified is a little tight since I have a high instep and arch and it's a monk strap - wish there was an 8E option. The Barry feels great in the heel, the Erco heels on the Modified are a little high, but my goodness the arch support is amazing.

Wondering what Carmina last and size would be most comfortable for someone like me - I prefer a low heel, slightly high arch, high instep, wide toe box. I'm leaning towards a 7UK EEE / 8US EE on a Rain or Oscar last. I'm considering the monk straps (haven't decided on single or double) and/or a pair of oxfords (the single cut oxfords are gorgeous).

Any guidance is appreciated, thanks.

EricEric999

Reaction score
I think alden Barry last US6 little bigger than Rain last Uk5
Greetings, I'm looking to order a pair of customized Carminas online, so I would like some sizing advice - currently coming from Aldens, wearing an 8E in Barrie and 8D in Modified. The Modified is a little tight since I have a high instep and arch and it's a monk strap - wish there was an 8E option. The Barry feels great in the heel, the Erco heels on the Modified are a little high, but my goodness the arch support is amazing.

Wondering what Carmina last and size would be most comfortable for someone like me - I prefer a low heel, slightly high arch, high instep, wide toe box. I'm leaning towards a 7UK EEE / 8US EE on a Rain or Oscar last. I'm considering the monk straps (haven't decided on single or double) and/or a pair of oxfords (the single cut oxfords are gorgeous).

Any guidance is appreciated, thanks.

mrf

Reaction score
I just get my carmina bourbon shell cordovan shoes. It is shows a strange color compare with before. There are some scratches on the shoes, should it be accepted.
If you bought it from the outlet, I would say it's 100% reasonable. Otherwise, it depends... Personally I'm quite tolerable and am fine with it, especially after a few wears

EricEric999

Reaction score
If you bought it from the outlet, I would say it's 100% reasonable. Otherwise, it depends... Personally I'm quite tolerable and am fine with it, especially after a few wears
Its MTO shoes,not from outlet. I even can not sure it is bourbon color ,maybe carmina gave me a natural color .

8x8

Reaction score
They custom dye natural horween shell. I have no idea what Carmina's policy is regarding Brolive availability. Sometimes it seems to be only available for a larger GMTO or not available at all. I asked and they agreed to produce a single pair. I didn't realize that they had dyed some extra shells. From the pic of the stack of shells it looks like there might be 6-8 more shells (?) so probably enough only for a few pairs.

My pair should be here any day now from what I am told. The color in the pic above looks a bit odd to me but I have very little faith in their leather photos since I have seen some really strange looking ones that look nothing like they do in real life.
Did your Brolives arrive? I would love to see pictures.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Did your Brolives arrive? I would love to see pictures.

Funny you ask... they were apparently trapped in customs for a month. They should be shipping from the NY store any day now. Really no big deal... Carmina has gone above & beyond with their service and it's unlikely that I'd wear this pair much during the summer.

Baked Potato

Reaction score
I'm unsure of this. No harm in asking them. The Rain D and Simpson heels should be very close.

I suspect that given the regular Rain and the Rain D are the same family of lasts, and within shouting distance of each other on width, they were able to accommodate. I'm not sure if I had asked for Rain EEE forefoot and Rain D heel if it would have worked.

If you meant how did I request it, put in your comments on you MTO order. Better yet, will ask my contact at Carmina and get back to you.

Did you pay any extra for the two different widths in the forefoot and heel? I got in touch with Carmina and they told me that this is possible (was asking regarding a Uetam loafer), but they'll take a €70 surcharge if it's done during an MTO weekend, otherwise it's included in the regular MTO surcharge.

yengli

Reaction score
So when is this MTO weekend happening?
Anyone any leads ?

“We don't have a launch date yet but are working really hard on delivering it really soon”
Quoted by Carmina representee on insta about a month

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics