• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Inca last looks really nice. I am trying to put together an MTO Chelsea boot, but would appreciate some help on the last and sizing choice. I'm a high volume 12.5D Brannock and thought an 11 on the Soller would be my choice moving forward but ended up trying on a pair and there was not enough volume. What would something similar to a soller with more volume be? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Agreed with @Patrick1053 I would have started at 11.5 on Soller

bootyboy

Reaction score
The Inca last looks really nice. I am trying to put together an MTO Chelsea boot, but would appreciate some help on the last and sizing choice. I'm a high volume 12.5D Brannock and thought an 11 on the Soller would be my choice moving forward but ended up trying on a pair and there was not enough volume. What would something similar to a soller with more volume be? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Try Calvia, Llubi, and Oscar

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

Agree with the others. It's a mistake to size down on Soller. This comes up from time to time but in my view the heel to ball is true to brannock. It is one of the more accommodating lasts from Carmina so you are on the right track just don't size down. I think the root of this is mainly the result of some confusion caused by the last comparison tool which makes it look like the soller is huge. That's not the case in my experience. It's a little elongated at the toe but that's it. In real life, it feels shorter and lower volume to me than Detroit (ie. on foot).

I have no experience with Llubi but my understanding is that it's high volume. At least for me, Oscar is lower volume than Soller & Detroit. Calvia doesn't work for me. I've tried it a few times in the store and it's just not a good last for my foot. The sales rep suggested it was high volume --- I didn't have that impression but maybe just a weird last for me. Oh - adding one more. Forest in EEE (MTO only) is another high volume option. And also Rain EEE.

Last edited:

miamidoc

Reaction score
I have a black vitello wholecut chelsea with natural edge Rain EEE in 11 that you might want to consider. I ordered it before I knew my true size. ??‍♂️ Definitely with more volume. DM me if interested. But the recommendations here are solid. Soller in 11.5 would probably work.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a black vitello wholecut chelsea with natural edge Rain EEE in 11 that you might want to consider. I ordered it before I knew my true size. ??‍♂️ Definitely with more volume. DM me if interested. But the recommendations here are solid. Soller in 11.5 would probably work.
Is this 11 UK Rain EEE?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes it is. 11UK Rain EEE. They’re parked on a shelf in my closet. Gotta clean things out. I’ve been holding onto them for no good reason other than inertia.
Thanks, but sadly, not my size.

smoothguyto

Reaction score
My second pair of customs ordered in December arrived today. Rain EEE double monk strap in navy shell with JR soles and toe plates.
20210521_160612.jpg
20210521_160539.jpg
20210521_160518.jpg

ErPupone4

Reaction score
Look nicely made from what I can see. Maybe things are improving at Carmina.
They are well made, however these are from 2 - 3 years ago at this point. I actually sent them back due to some small marks/cuts on the suede by the welt, but looking back I was nitpicking. They fixed it, but honestly once I started wearing them, I didn't even notice it. Very happy with them.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are well made, however these are from 2 - 3 years ago at this point. I actually sent them back due to some small marks/cuts on the suede by the welt, but looking back I was nitpicking. They fixed it, but honestly once I started wearing them, I didn't even notice it. Very happy with them.
They look very nice ?

thefoobar

Reaction score
I am shipping around for a new Chelsea boots and only really tried RM Williams and they I look like a clown wearing their 9F which is my perfect size. Their boots looks a bit too rugged. I am looking for something more formal looking with round toe such as Carmina Inca Chelsea's. Please let me know if you have any experiences with both RM Williams and Carmina or any other brands you would suggest. Thanks in advance :)

I don't happen to look like a clown in my RMs, but they are 9F too so I hope this comparison with Carmina's 8.5UK Sineu is useful to you.

3.jpg

2.jpg

ErPupone4

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking of doing an mto Inca chelsea. Do you mind taking a picture from top view with jeans? I’m wondering how casual an Inca chelsea can be....
I'll take a picture in the next couple days. Personally, I think a suede pair is fine with jeans but calfskin might be tough to pull off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads