• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s happening, shell promo still on. Be surprised if they did again before end of the year. The time has been extended to 60 days advisory too. I await in anticipation my shell Calway and when they arrive they arrive. Whole new me...?
They're 200$ more expensive now though, I don't think they're on promotion anymore, just still available.

Baked Potato

Reaction score
Anyone received their loafers from the latest loafer MTO promo yet?

Last edited:

Smooth Operator

Reaction score
This is weird. Maybe not lasted tightly when made?
I took it to my local cobbler and he said that the leather was stretched too much and not lasted properly. Might be a quality control problem as my black pair with exact same last and size is perfectly fine.
20210518_080055.jpg

Smooth Operator

Reaction score
I am shipping around for a new Chelsea boots and only really tried RM Williams and they I look like a clown wearing their 9F which is my perfect size. Their boots looks a bit too rugged. I am looking for something more formal looking with round toe such as Carmina Inca Chelsea's. Please let me know if you have any experiences with both RM Williams and Carmina or any other brands you would suggest. Thanks in advance :)

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brand new pair and only been wearing indoor while wfh for couple of times and it looks like the inside left shoe leather is deformed and loose. The right pair is totally fine with no creasing.
View attachment 1611137 View attachment 1611138 View attachment 1611139
What would you do or anyone know how to fix this issue? This pair actually fits very snug so I don't understand how there is such a loose leather on the left shoe.
I took it to my local cobbler and he said that the leather was stretched too much and not lasted properly. Might be a quality control problem as my black pair with exact same last and size is perfectly fine. View attachment 1611497
Glad to hear you find out what's happening. Would be nice to clarify that these are Vass, right? Saw this post in that thread too. Otherwise you will only make some posters here think they are Carmina and that they are lasting them incorrectly. :lol:

nareichert

Reaction score

I don't have much experience with Carmina's Shell MTO events, but how/when would I be able to put in an order for a pair of Chelsea's similar to this beautiful pair. Any info would be appreciated.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't have much experience with Carmina's Shell MTO events, but how/when would I be able to put in an order for a pair of Chelsea's similar to this beautiful pair. Any info would be appreciated.

You can go do it now and pay the upcharge. Historically they have offered 2x/yr where they waive the fees.

miamidoc

Reaction score
They won't do a wholecut Chelsea in shell, so make sure you didn't pick that model number
They did a brief special SF promo for shell Chelseas (Shelseas?) last year. I don’t recall many taking them up on the offer, though I did score one in the outlet. I suppose if you begged and pleaded and have a relatively smaller size they might make an exception. Worth trying anyway.

Blastwice

Reaction score
They did a brief special SF promo for shell Chelseas (Shelseas?) last year. I don’t recall many taking them up on the offer, though I did score one in the outlet. I suppose if you begged and pleaded and have a relatively smaller size they might make an exception. Worth trying anyway.

Those weren't wholecuts, AFAIK.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads