• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
MTO bourbon shell 80440 loafers for casual Friday. Over a year old and out maybe 2-3 times total, I'm really looking forward to wearing these more this season.

oweRWrh.jpg

Ckv4JoK.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone!
Return of the Mac...

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep - A 20 year old original Duo, my only white-dialed watch. And also dark grey-dialed watch. :cool:

It's hot enough here so that I'm done with metal bracelets for a while.
I almost pulled the trigger on one, but thought it was too dressy for most outfits. I have to admit that it looks really good paired here and has me second guessing my decision

CMT1

Reaction score
I almost pulled the trigger on one, but thought it was too dressy for most outfits. I have to admit that it looks really good paired here and has me second guessing my decisione

I've found it to be very versatile. On black croc it's a straight up dress watch, but it dresses down very easily on brown and tan straps.

G4kIhgyh.jpg

rNj6zmyh.jpg

It's nice and light, which is great for hot weather when I'm in no mood for a heavy mass of metal on my wrist and it flies wayyy below the radar for times when I'd prefer that only those in the know can ID it.

To most it's just a rectangular-cased mall kiosk watch and that's fine by me.

CMT1

Reaction score
I have said this before in the watch thread, but the Reverso is the best, most versatile gentleman’s watch ever made.

I love this Duo and JLC in general as a manufacture, their reputation as "the Watchmaker's watch" is well earned.

I have a dual-column gas chromatograph, Hewlett-Packard model 5710a with flame analyzing detectors.

Dead-on balls accurate and the floor model comes with mag wheels. Nice.

smoothguyto

Reaction score
I ordered two custom pairs in December and the first pair arrived today. Navy shell balmoral with the toe plates installed. I love them and they fit. Too bad I've been working from home since March last year and we're under semi-perpetual lockdown so I have nowhere to wear these to.

Carmina Navy Shell.jpg

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yep - A 20 year old original Duo, my only white-dialed watch. And also dark grey-dialed watch. :cool:

It's hot enough here so that I'm done with metal bracelets for a while.
I've found it to be very versatile. On black croc it's a straight up dress watch, but it dresses down very easily on brown and tan straps.

It's nice and light, which is great for hot weather when I'm in no mood for a heavy mass of metal on my wrist and it flies wayyy below the radar for times when I'd prefer that only those in the know can ID it.

To most it's just a rectangular-cased mall kiosk watch and that's fine by me.

I have said this before in the watch thread, but the Reverso is the best, most versatile gentleman’s watch ever made.

the most versatile gentleman’s sports watch ever made...It truly has no equal.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I almost pulled the trigger on one, but thought it was too dressy for most outfits. I have to admit that it looks really good paired here and has me second guessing my decision
You're also talking about a guy who can pull off making a two tone bluesy look casual and not out of place. Reverso is a super cool watch, but I agree it's almost always lived in the dressier avant garde arena.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're also talking about a guy who can pull off making a two tone bluesy look casual and not out of place. Reverso is a super cool watch, but I agree it's almost always lived in the dressier avant garde arena.
See, I absolutely think the bluesy is 100% casual. It'll likely be my next watch bc I imagine it will arrive before a GMT BLNR at my AD

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads