• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Thank you, sir. Indeed. Forest, but in EEE and the front part is unlined! Structure where you need it - flexibility where you want it.

Lovely! Just curious -- you don't normally do EEE in Forest, right? Did you drop a half size? I really like the EEE forest fit in a boot but in a loafer I felt they were too high volume in my normal size. I probably should try a half down at some point.

That is definitely among the nicest looking tassel loafers I've seen. Perfection.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lovely! Just curious -- you don't normally do EEE in Forest, right? Did you drop a half size? I really like the EEE forest fit in a boot but in a loafer I felt they were too high volume in my normal size. I probably should try a half down at some point.

That is definitely among the nicest looking tassel loafers I've seen. Perfection.
Thanks, amigo. Actually, I’ve found that Forest EEE fits just fine and completely eliminates any “break-in” period. I have a high instep and wider foot, so it just works better.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, it’s been since October of 2020, but they’re finally here. To be fair, Carmina reached out to me directly and apologized and made up for the excessive delay. I must say, these were worth it.
View attachment 1600090 View attachment 1600091 View attachment 1600092 View attachment 1600093
Holy ****! I find your explanation of some of the adjustments intriguing, deets please.
3777CCEB-BCC7-414D-9F63-3815A0ECB662.gif

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy ****! I find your explanation of some of the adjustments intriguing, deets please.
View attachment 1600100

Sure thing, bro. So, I was looking for the perfect summer tassel loafer. This makeup to me was the perfect blend of casual and formal, so I went with that (the accenting dark brown tassels and side laces came out better than I imagined). Regarding the fit and construction specs:

- Forest EEE last: The Forest last works, always has. However, it takes me about a day or two to break them in. Because Carmina makes their loafers to fit a bit tight (they’ll inevitably give and have to secure your feet), I went with a EEE version of the Forest last. Gives you just enough extra room at the instep and ball, and doesn’t really expand the heel or arch are all that much. Fits like a glove.

- Half-unlined: I own a pair of penny Loafers in armagnac and on the Sineu last. I really like the feel and flexibility of the front part of the loafer being unlined. It has so much more flex and give. However, I resent the lack of structure and lining in the mid-foot and heel. So, I asked for the shoe to be half-unlined. Worked out amazing.

- Picked JR leather soles with toe plates and a full rubber heel (where I tend to wear out my shoes first). The rubber at the heel gives you a bit more of a cushioned feel when stepping.

Ultimately, these worked out great. Hope this helps.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure thing, bro. So, I was looking for the perfect summer tassel loafer. This makeup to me was the perfect blend of casual and formal, so I went with that (the accenting dark brown tassels and side laces came out better than I imagined). Regarding the fit and construction specs:

- Forest EEE last: The Forest last works, always has. However, it takes me about a day or two to break them in. Because Carmina makes their loafers to fit a bit tight (they’ll inevitably give and have to secure your feet), I went with a EEE version of the Forest last. Gives you just enough extra room at the instep and ball, and doesn’t really expand the heel or arch are all that much. Fits like a glove.

- Half-unlined: I own a pair of penny Loafers in armagnac and on the Sineu last. I really like the feel and flexibility of the front part of the loafer being unlined. It has so much more flex and give. However, I resent the lack of structure and lining in the mid-foot and heel. So, I asked for the shoe to be half-unlined. Worked out amazing.

- Picked JR leather soles with toe plates and a full rubber heel (where I tend to wear out my shoes first). The rubber at the heel gives you a bit more of a cushioned feel when stepping.

Ultimately, these worked out great. Hope this helps.
Aight, preciate you! love the idea of half unlined, and for wide footed guys like me, that combined with a EEE Forest sounds perfect. The rubber heel with the leather sole sounds like the ride is silky smooth.

I don’t care what anyone says, tassel loafers are the ****. It’s one of those, if you don’t know, you just don’t know situations.
E42D3522-A386-45B4-8FBE-3C5DB6DD3D81.gif

siddeh

Reaction score

gr8man

Reaction score
Can anyone vouch for Carmina Cordovan belt, Carmina has promotion matching belt with purchasing shoes/boots.

SirThopas

Reaction score
I got a cordovan one with cordovan shoes the last time they had this promotion. It’s a decent enough belt, but it doesn’t say cordovan on it and I can’t say it feels a step up from my other decent quality non-cordovan belts... though I guess ultimately its longevity may be greater.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads