• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, at this point Carmina has lost me. If I want some kind of special makeup, there are plenty of other brands that can accommodate me (Vass, Enzo Bonafe, St. Crispin, just to name a few) and If I want a classic style then there is very little reason to choose Carmina over a brand like TLB.

The only reason to stick with Carmina is if there is a last that fits like a bespoke shoe, which is not the case for me. Maybe they will figure it out and coax me back in the future.
Sadly, for me, the Sineu last is the best fitting last I’ve come across ??‍♂️

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Longtime Carmina customer, and I'm horrified at some of the stories in here. I have admittedly not bought anything in quite a while, so it's honestly shocking to see just how much has changed over the past 18ish months.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all, first time poster here. Is there a secret to getting in touch with Carmina? I was looking at their latest GMTO offerings (namely the 80791 on the Oscar last) and I emailed them several days ago asking about sizing advice as these would be my first Carminas and as of today still not reply and I see their GMTO page was removed from their site. If I recall, it still should have several days left on it based on the counter that was on it a few days back, so I was surprised to not see it when I visited their site today. Do they remove it when they hit a certain threshold of buyers perhaps?

On sizing, if anyone wants to shoot some advice my way (Alden Trubalance/Barrie 9.5D, Viberg 2030 9.5 (UK, EE, standard width I'm told), that would be appreciated :)

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hey all, first time poster here. Is there a secret to getting in touch with Carmina? I was looking at their latest GMTO offerings (namely the 80791 on the Oscar last) and I emailed them several days ago asking about sizing advice as these would be my first Carminas and as of today still not reply and I see their GMTO page was removed from their site. If I recall, it still should have several days left on it based on the counter that was on it a few days back, so I was surprised to not see it when I visited their site today. Do they remove it when they hit a certain threshold of buyers perhaps?

On sizing, if anyone wants to shoot some advice my way (Alden Trubalance/Barrie 9.5D, Viberg 2030 9.5 (UK, EE, standard width I'm told), that would be appreciated :)
Not sure if they ran out of shell. I’ve had no reply here recently but was replied to straight away on email and lady was very helpful.
I take 9 UK Oscar and 9 in Viberg 2030 and they fit almost identically. Lovely last I think, all mine are Oscar.

miamidoc

Reaction score
Got my Color 8 80179 boots back from Bedos freshly resoled. Boots are 2.5 years old. Although I have lulu on my other boots, I think the triumph tips suit this boot better.
099E6F7E-5FA0-40B6-B68D-E11B10F93D81.jpeg

AFD52A74-A3A6-4261-BF6E-BBE75816128F.jpeg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my Color 8 80179 boots back from Bedos freshly resoled. Boots are 2.5 years old. Although I have lulu on my other boots, I think the triumph tips suit this boot better.
View attachment 1598084
View attachment 1598085
Damn, those must get a lot of wear for needing a resole after 2.5 years! I just sent off two pairs that were 10 years old for their first resole

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

Not sure anyone is certain what's up with the GMTO. I would consider calling the NY store if you've not received a reply to your email. As for sizing, just another data point for you. I'm a 9.5D trubalance (don't own any though so take with a grain of salt), I can wear a 9.5E in barrie in a shoe and a 10D in a boot. Viberg 2030 also a 9.5. So our sizing seems like it might be similar.

My best fit on the Oscar last is a 9 but it's a snug (but good) fit. I can also wear a 9.5 and that might be a safer bet in a boot if you have never tried the last before and/or if you want to wear thicker socks.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
View attachment 1598084
View attachment 1598085

Those are gorgeous boots. That and the natty PTB are the two Carmina shoes that I nearly bought on the spot in NY while getting fitted for a mto. The resole looks great.

miamidoc

Reaction score
Damn, those must get a lot of wear for needing a resole after 2.5 years! I just sent off two pairs that were 10 years old for their first resole
When I first got them I wore them almost every work day for 6 months. Then 2-3x a week for another year. Weird how the uppers feel finally broken in just about now but the soles are toast. I mean the sole wasn’t totally dead but it was at least 60-70% of the way there. Definitely fueled my “oh these are nice boots why not buy way more” problem.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I first got them I wore them almost every work day for 6 months. Then 2-3x a week for another year. Weird how the uppers feel finally broken in just about now but the soles are toast. I mean the sole wasn’t totally dead but it was at least 60-70% of the way there. Definitely fueled my “oh these are nice boots why not buy way more” problem.
Well the work came out great! Was it best to contact Steve via IG or email?

miamidoc

Reaction score
Those are gorgeous boots. That and the natty PTB are the two Carmina shoes that I nearly bought on the spot in NY while getting fitted for a mto. The resole looks great.
Thank you! When Carmina nails something they really do nail it. Same with the natty PTB. Timeless combinations.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads