• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And just when all hope for the future of this thread seemed lost, You swoop in on the backs of the Eagles to save the day.
Lord Of The Rings — “The Eagles are coming!”

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously nice. Is that the Dainite sole? I went York on my latest purchase. Fills the void between dress and practical.
It’s Victoria rubber sole looks similar to ridgeway sole I would say.

4C980998-9862-4D2A-826D-084015200B06.jpeg

And just when all hope for the future of this thread seemed lost, You swoop in on the backs of the Eagles to save the day.
Lord Of The Rings — “The Eagles are coming!”
Thank you very much. Really like this leather and have the C&J Radnor boots too in the same leather.

isaiah_iv

Reaction score
Hi! I am new in this Carmina thread and world of Carmina dress shoes. I ordered a pair in Forest EEE last (I really like this last) and size 8 UK, but the pair were not my exact size (I thought that sneakers sizing is similar to dress shoes but it was a mistake). My feet are around 26.70 cm. of lenght and 9.6 of width, and after asked Carmina for the insole measures I understood why. My few questions about the matter are:

- How much is the actual difference between size 7.5 UK and 8 UK? Is the difference very noticeable or I would have to go for 7 UK? I am afraid of 7 UK being to tight. Do the leathers used by Carmina tend to stretch over time or just a little bit?

- I am ordering a JR double sole. Do double sole affect the insole sizing of dress shoes when walking? If yes, should I go for 7.5 UK? 8 UK is too width and long for my feet and does not embrace my feet very well.

Thanks for your helping.

FOREST_EEE_INSOLE-MEASURES.jpg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hi! I am new in this Carmina thread and world of Carmina dress shoes. I ordered a pair in Forest EEE last (I really like this last) and size 8 UK, but the pair were not my exact size (I thought that sneakers sizing is similar to dress shoes but it was a mistake). My feet are around 26.70 cm. of lenght and 9.6 of width, and after asked Carmina for the insole measures I understood why. My few questions about the matter are:

- How much is the actual difference between size 7.5 UK and 8 UK? Is the difference very noticeable or I would have to go for 7 UK? I am afraid of 7 UK being to tight. Do the leathers used by Carmina tend to stretch over time or just a little bit?

- I am ordering a JR double sole. Do double sole affect the insole sizing of dress shoes when walking? If yes, should I go for 7.5 UK? 8 UK is too width and long for my feet and does not embrace my feet very well.

Thanks for your helping.

View attachment 1596917

Your questions are not readily answerable. Best recommendation is to either go to a store and be fitted by Carmina, or order stock models (not sure if there are any stocked Forest EEE but I have seen a few pairs in the outlet recently) to confirm sizing. Your feet are 3 dimensional and it's really not possible to fully grasp sizing differences based upon length and width measurements like what you posted.

I will say that the EEE width Forest is a good bit more voluminous than the EE in the same size. Fit is also impacted by the model of the shoe, the leather you choose, and, in my opinion (somewhat controversially) by the welt choice.

KarlHungus

Reaction score
Is Cordovan GMTO no longer up on carmina website? I thought there were 7 or so days left to order....did they run out of stock already?

yengli

Reaction score
Is Cordovan GMTO no longer up on carmina website? I thought there were 7 or so days left to order....did they run out of stock already?

Maybe they didn't sell enough, went ahead and did a new promotion! Maybe a custom weekend after this promotion?

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina reached out to me today. They were very apologetic and promised shipping by the end of this week. They threw in a pair of shoe trees as an accommodation. I'm not pleased with this experience, but I'll take it. Don't really know if I'll shop Carmina again. A few months ago, I ordered a pair of MTO St. Crispin's and, as promised, they arrived in 6 weeks without any trace of error, manufacturing defect, or imperfection.

I know that it's not exactly a apples-to-apples contrast, but I'm sticking with EG and STC from now on.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have given up on this MTO crap after bad experiences with more than one maker. It will limit my access to some cool custom stuff but from now on I only purchase RTW in-store so I can triple check fit and finish.

Thankfully, I have access to many makers in Manhattan.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, at this point Carmina has lost me. If I want some kind of special makeup, there are plenty of other brands that can accommodate me (Vass, Enzo Bonafe, St. Crispin, just to name a few) and If I want a classic style then there is very little reason to choose Carmina over a brand like TLB.

The only reason to stick with Carmina is if there is a last that fits like a bespoke shoe, which is not the case for me. Maybe they will figure it out and coax me back in the future.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads