• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, tbh, Ive had to let Carmina go. They seem like very nice people, whenever you do hear from them, and they do try to offer compromises to assuage your dissatisfaction (which I appreciate), but I just cant deal with the level of ineptitude at which they seem to be comfortable operating.

By my estimation, it shouldnt take 4+ months to get a pair of plain suede shoes made from a stock model out the door (not a special makeup, not a special leather, not shell, not an exotic leather...plain ol fashioned stock model suede.) - not when the website says it will ship in 45 - 60 days; and not when Im hearing that TLB Mallorca has a 1 - 2 month TAT at most, and at a cheaper price to boot.

What 9-5 working person has time to spend haggling with a company to track down when they will finally receive their order after months and months and months of waiting? And even then, cant get a straight answer.

I dont know if they simply dont have a very competitive company spirit or what, but by my measly american capitalist standards, these unexplained lapses in execution are just unthinkable for a well established company offering a premium product at this price point.

That said, Im a huge fan of their shoes, and I love the pairs Ive received from them.

I'd still recommend them to anyone who has the patience to deal with extremely long and uncertain shipping timeframes. But I would say they need to shift their focus from just providing good customer service when you contact them, to trying to provide complete and consistent customer satisfaction with the entire experience.

Not sure where theyre dropping the ball, but my short stint with Carmina has shown me that nice people + nice product does not always equal good business. Not saying theyre a bad business, but they do have some bad business practices compared to what Im accustomed to when I spend $500+ on an item. Oh well, you live and you learn.

Welp, Im done venting here, and Ill insert my own "we're all free to spend our money where we please/how we best see fit" stock response here, to spare anyone else from having to paste it in theirs. We'll see if TLB can do any better. Ill see myself to the door. ?‍♂️
Nothing unreasonable in what you’ve said here. Personally, I never had a problem waiting for my shoes. It was the number of defective shoes I received. I don’t believe for one minute they have quality control in place.

SirThopas

Reaction score
The boots I have on order will be my fourth pair of Carminas. Each previous one has a defect, but nothing so major as to be unforgivable or serious grounds for complaint. The suggestion that their QC is poor certainly resonates with me.

I am persisting with Carmina because they have a phenomenal range of styles and there are great opportunities for customisation, at prices that seem fair. But after initially being really enthused, I am agnostic about the brand. I have a pair of their shell Bluchers that have been the main disappointment - they neither look nor feel like £600 shoes.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pediwear in Halifax carry stock.
I’ll likely take a trip up there at some point - it’s less than an hour away. I’d like some suede Oxfords for the summer and Carmina’s offering look ideal.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The boots I have on order will be my fourth pair of Carminas. Each previous one has a defect, but nothing so major as to be unforgivable or serious grounds for complaint. The suggestion that their QC is poor certainly resonates with me.

I am persisting with Carmina because they have a phenomenal range of styles and there are great opportunities for customisation, at prices that seem fair. But after initially being really enthused, I am agnostic about the brand. I have a pair of their shell Bluchers that have been the main disappointment - they neither look nor feel like £600 shoes.
Interesting. I agree with you on the QC, but I’ve found that when they get it right they punch well above their weight. I’ve got black tassel loafers by both Carmina and C&J and I’d put the Carmina ones higher in both make and style.

SirThopas

Reaction score
I think Carmina’s shoes are in many cases more elegant than their Crockett equivalents. But over the years I have had at least twenty pairs of C&J, and I’ve never had one that had a clear defect - a function, I guess, of my buying them in person and trying/checking them, rather than buying online.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Carmina’s shoes are in many cases more elegant than their Crockett equivalents. But over the years I have had at least twenty pairs of C&J, and I’ve never had one that had a clear defect - a function, I guess, of my buying them in person and trying/checking them, rather than buying online.
And that’s part of the frustration with Carmina. They could be the best cost/quality ratio in GYW men’s shoes if the could get the QC right.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll likely take a trip up there at some point - it’s less than an hour away. I’d like some suede Oxfords for the summer and Carmina’s offering look ideal.
From memory, oxfords were the main offering. Could have changed since I last looked though. By the way, service is excellent there.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I agree with you on the QC, but I’ve found that when they get it right they punch well above their weight. I’ve got black tassel loafers by both Carmina and C&J and I’d put the Carmina ones higher in both make and style.
100% agree with this too.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those days aren’t determined legally as earth days....

Yeah if you get lucky maybe you get Jupiter days, but most people are probably stuck in the Mercury/Venus spectrum.

Personally, I'd be content with Mars days. That seems to be the closest to a Spanish sense of time anyway.
Explained: How long is a day on each planet? Venus and Saturn still tease  scientists | Explained News,The Indian Express

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From skimming through this thread lately it seems like Carmina is the victim of their previous consistency and decent level of QC. Am I right?

Also, watch out for those scumbags:

I of course reported them to Carmina on Instagram but they don't give a crap to read or reply.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From skimming through this thread lately it seems like Carmina is the victim of their previous consistency and decent level of QC. Am I right?

I of course reported them to Carmina on Instagram but they don't give a crap to read or reply.
“decent level of QC” ..... a mistype?

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I saw that fakeness. I wonder what they actually look like in real life.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads