• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
US considers sanctions against UK, Spain, Italy, Austria for digital service taxes
The US government is moving ahead with possible trade sanctions against Austria, India, Italy, Spain, Turkey and the UK in retaliation for their digital sales taxes. The US trade representative said the taxes discriminated against US digital companies and were inconsistent with principles of international taxation, resulting in a burden for American companies. The USTR started a public consultation on possible measures against the countries.

Spanish manufactured shoes amongst others.
So consider buying before prices increase in the US.

hilarious given the fact those companies barely pay taxes in the US either...just another illustration of how utterly broken the system is

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
US considers sanctions against UK, Spain, Italy, Austria for digital service taxes
The US government is moving ahead with possible trade sanctions against Austria, India, Italy, Spain, Turkey and the UK in retaliation for their digital sales taxes. The US trade representative said the taxes discriminated against US digital companies and were inconsistent with principles of international taxation, resulting in a burden for American companies. The USTR started a public consultation on possible measures against the countries.

Spanish manufactured shoes amongst others.
So consider buying before prices increase in the US.
The US saying that someone else is inconsistent on international tax? ******* hell, that’s the pot calling the kettle black.

VaNeT

Reaction score
My home photoshoot Carmina 80216 Chelsea boots in brown museum on Simpson last and leather apron
8819F112-86B9-401A-AD75-A10AF560405B.jpeg
EF39D682-BCBE-4689-AD2E-CD68FF1D771D.jpeg
C30E0AC4-7179-4D6E-A8EE-9EF48666D23B.jpeg
7AB906B5-6F47-4C44-B342-3E4591650D8B.jpeg
4A151134-FC4C-4D99-B541-1A31D0479C7D.jpeg
2890E77F-82E5-47F1-8EA7-D68901D9504F.jpeg
DA21026A-6906-45CE-A8AF-35F7203F588E.jpeg
0562ACA8-9E44-4018-8D10-B0D294DA3FDE.jpeg

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question: I bought a pair of oscaria boots for my mother from carmina. I antiques them with oxblood colonil cream polish. I have done this same process on other brands with no I'll effect; however, my carminas are bleeding pink pigment even after saddle soaking and using neutral to take polish off.

What can be done? Some users have suggested carmina might have put a sealant on the leather.

killer121

Reaction score
Question: I bought a pair of oscaria boots for my mother from carmina. I antiques them with oxblood colonil cream polish. I have done this same process on other brands with no I'll effect; however, my carminas are bleeding pink pigment even after saddle soaking and using neutral to take polish off.

What can be done? Some users have suggested carmina might have put a sealant on the leather.
Maybe with some acetone or some renomat,
I have no problem dying Carmina shoe after taking their polish off

miamidoc

Reaction score

Pictures would be helpful here. Is it the top dressing that’s bleeding or the shoe dye itself?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ooooh Carmina's new MTO has hatch grain color 8 shell.....

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what is the Oscar fit like? how does it compare to rain forest and Inca?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pictures would be helpful here. Is it the top dressing that’s bleeding or the shoe dye itself?

It seems to be the cream polish that I used that is coming off, as the original shoes were not that colour, so it can't be the underlying dye.

I can get you pictures later today. What do you think would be most useful?

siddeh

Reaction score
what is the Oscar fit like? how does it compare to rain forest and Inca?

Don't have Forest or Inca, but compared to Rain, lower instep but a bit more volume everywhere else IMO (i.e., more room in the toes and ball of feet, as well as bigger heel). If you have plenty of room in the instep for Rain, I would recommend Oscar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads