• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wcutsmart

Reaction score
No pain. They just ship the same way albeit with the invoice attached.
I don't think you are taking into account the fact that shipping to UK now is actually more expensive than the rest of EU. Doubt DHL will do all the customs thing for free.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think you are taking into account the fact that shipping to UK now is actually more expensive than the rest of EU. Doubt DHL will do all the customs thing for free.
I pay the £11 fee to DHL to take the customs fee , not Carmina. As for shipping, why would it be more expensive??? In any case, they’re free to charge what they want. Just seems a bit underhand to me.

Baked Potato

Reaction score
325 is a generous last. I wear 348, 341, 325 all in the same size. My toe is slim so I fit well in most of Carmina last some more snug but no issues after the break in period. I can have a look at all the Carmina’s I have but I know I have rain and Robert last to name a few. The most slim toe is Vass F last in case you own Vass very snug but I still take the same size in F last.

Which Carmina (loafer) last would you say is closes to 325? I like the shape of the Uetam, but don't want it if it's going to be too tight. I know that UK9 will be too large in Uetam, as I used to own a pair that I sold later on. :)

Wcutsmart

Reaction score
I pay the £11 fee to DHL to take the customs fee , not Carmina. As for shipping, why would it be more expensive??? In any case, they’re free to charge what they want. Just seems a bit underhand to me.
Because DHL is not just dealing with all this out of the goodness of their heart. They are charging you at customs and modifying the tariff for shipments outside EU for companies too as there is more infrastructure needed to deal with all the paperwork. Personally, I can't blame any of them, they are just running a business.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because DHL is not just dealing with all this out of the goodness of their heart. They are charging you at customs and modifying the tariff for shipments outside EU for companies too as there is more infrastructure needed to deal with all the paperwork. Personally, I can't blame any of them, they are just running a business.
Look mate. It’s me who’s paying the customs processing fee not Carmina. Did you not read what I read??? As for increased shipping costs? Proof??? I know a lot of companies don’t pay shipping per item but based on average number of goods shipped. Stop presenting bull **** as fact. Also , as I said earlier, they’re free to charge what they want. I just find it underhand. Clear ??

Wcutsmart

Reaction score
Look mate. It’s me who’s paying the customs processing fee not Carmina. Did you not read what I read??? As for increased shipping costs? Proof??? I know a lot of companies don’t pay shipping per item but based on average number of goods shipped. Stop presenting bull **** as fact. Also , as I said earlier, they’re free to charge what they want. I just find it underhand. Clear ??
Fine by me. The fact is I am dealing with shipping from a business perspective and you are not. You needed yet another reason to get upset just go moan someplace else, it's tiring.

KKL81

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to choose EE width for the uetam loafer models?

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which Carmina (loafer) last would you say is closes to 325? I like the shape of the Uetam, but don't want it if it's going to be too tight. I know that UK9 will be too large in Uetam, as I used to own a pair that I sold later on. :)
I thought I had Uetam, my bad. Simpsom is the most snug pic 1 and the Detroit Chukka is the most generous.

Attachments

• DDCCFDC5-87A8-494D-B393-12CFF1532175.jpeg
    DDCCFDC5-87A8-494D-B393-12CFF1532175.jpeg
    250.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 8F2B8B3D-889D-4747-B163-FFB052FB63CA.jpeg
    8F2B8B3D-889D-4747-B163-FFB052FB63CA.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 74DB67A0-4811-4ECF-8620-EC7E261BC930.jpeg
    74DB67A0-4811-4ECF-8620-EC7E261BC930.jpeg
    393.6 KB · Views: 76

Baked Potato

Reaction score
So I just write something like "Please choose EE version of Uetam last" in the special request section?
Would this be Uetam in a wider width? Perhaps a 8.5 in a wider width would be the right choice for me...

Baked Potato

Reaction score
So, I think I'll go with model 80191 in brown vegano in Uetam 8.5 EE. I hope you guys can help me with one last thing before the campaign ends. I always topy my leather soles 'cause I always have slipping issues with leather soles (yes, I do walk a bit too fast). Is the Tomir option as sleek as a single leather sole? I'm uncertain if I should go with a single leather sole and topy it, or just go with a Tomir sole. I want the sleekest option. I can't really find any pictures where the thickness is compared.

officine

Reaction score
So, I think I'll go with model 80191 in brown vegano in Uetam 8.5 EE. I hope you guys can help me with one last thing before the campaign ends. I always topy my leather soles 'cause I always have slipping issues with leather soles (yes, I do walk a bit too fast). Is the Tomir option as sleek as a single leather sole? I'm uncertain if I should go with a single leather sole and topy it, or just go with a Tomir sole. I want the sleekest option. I can't really find any pictures where the thickness is compared.
Go with the Tomir. Won't regret it. Extremely sleek. I too used to Topy before this option.

Cordovan Tomir vs. Suede Topy, both Carmina Uetam

5D59235E-FF93-474B-9C16-D8CB1EF31B36.jpeg

Attachments

• F0048153-C23D-4478-9C7D-E4B512E3DB51.jpeg
    F0048153-C23D-4478-9C7D-E4B512E3DB51.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost exactly the same thickness. These are all Tomir:
743310E3-46A8-4721-8C6C-CE5CB856DD8B.jpeg
8511CDEF-A37E-4B25-A00C-1AA9C97B4818.jpeg
3DD2C8F3-B961-47FE-AB29-42606DF3BF35.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics