• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Obviously there will always be differences in photos due to light circumstance, cameras etc.
But in this case the difference can't be explained due to that? Different suppliers?
Don't think they're different suppliers, it's the light. In your pic the light is hitting the shoes directly and the photo is overexposed, that will bring out the lighter colors of the museum.

For example, same shoe, same light, different exposures:

hmlarsson

Reaction score
Lovely colour, and they look very nice.
However, I think that for future purchases, you should look for a different last, one that has more room for your high insteps.
I dunno, I kind of agree his feet look like they are too large for that pair based on the instep. If they're comfy and fit, no problem, but, I wouldn't let him walk out of the store with a "v-gap" that large myself.
Thanks for input guys.:) I have an very, very high instep indeed. I have not yet found a single maker/last that will not leave a "v-gap" on a oxfood shoe (Yep, i have tried Bonafe who is well known for their high insteps). This shoe showned on pic is on the Soller last. Very comfy for my feets.
But the "V-gap" in this pic is actually a little bit larger then normal, due to swollen feets (temporary illness).

Last edited:

tabasco.cheesecake

Reaction score
That looks like a very tall boot, did you customize it to be a 6+3 eyelet configuration?

yes, they are tall, the shaft is going to take a while to break in.
6+3 is the standard configuration for this boot, i did not have the option to change it when customizing. attached picture is the boot configuration i used.

screen shot.png

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh gotcha. Didn't realize they had something like that, thanks.

I have these in Amaretto (with 4 hooks). Miamidoc and Stook1 also have variations of this specific model. As far as boots are concerned, IMO cap toe jumper boots are what Carmina does best.

These boots are tall, but only half an inch taller than EG Galway

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have these in Amaretto (with 4 hooks). Miamidoc and Stook1 also have variations of this specific model. As far as boots are concerned, IMO cap toe jumper boots are what Carmina does best.

I guess I just always think of the 80184, when I think of their jumper boot

miamidoc

Reaction score

Agreed. Very tall. Careful with the pull loops. They aren’t as sturdy as they look. But the boot itself is a spectacular iteration of Carmina’s lock on the captoe boot style. Even though mine have the stormwelt they still look quite sleek on the foot, especially on the Soller last.

I love that shade of brown. It’s so rich and deep. Like melted chocolate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads