• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You think the person who started slicing up hundreds of dollars worth of Cordovan shells would triple-check they got the right one before they did that.
In Carmina’s defence, at least they didn’t send them out and hope he wouldn’t notice. If they lose George as a customer, they’re fucked ?

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will say this , I genuinely feel for the customer service team. Can’t be pleasant dealing with factory **** ups day in day out.

miamidoc

Reaction score
I will say this , I genuinely feel for the customer service team. Can’t be pleasant dealing with factory **** ups day in day out.
I am sending one back as we speak. I sent pictures and they promptly offered a shipping label. Misaligned, shoddy clicking and wrong sole. I’m sure it’ll be 2024 before I see them again. But it’ll still be in style. ?

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am sending one back as we speak. I sent pictures and they promptly offered a shipping label. Misaligned, shoddy clicking and wrong sole. I’m sure it’ll be 2024 before I see them again. But it’ll still be in style. ?
Not another one ??‍♂️
176C0E7C-3984-4FD3-8EFC-A0D0B17CCC6C.gif

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone on the shop floor at Carmina has a grudge against Styleforum members ???

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You think the person who started slicing up hundreds of dollars worth of Cordovan shells would triple-check they got the right one before they did that.
Yeah, dude. Like, I honestly don’t mind the slight scuff or imperfection here or there. That never bothers me. But picking THE WRONG TYPE OF SHELL ALTOGETHER? Jesus.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Yeah, dude. Like, I honestly don’t mind the slight scuff or imperfection here or there. That never bothers me. But picking THE WRONG TYPE OF SHELL ALTOGETHER? Jesus.
That’s border line insanity. As said above the most expensive leather as well you’d think a checks and balance process must be in place?
I got my trees for my recent order (next day- fair play) but they cancelled my free mto coupon! I informed them they’d lost a customer and had no reply.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s border line insanity. As said above the most expensive leather as well you’d think a checks and balance process must be in place?
I got my trees for my recent order (next day- fair play) but they cancelled my free mto coupon! I informed them they’d lost a customer and had no reply.
You’re lucky you got something as a goodwill gesture. Four consecutive orders all had to be sent back and remade. One order was remade twice. Of the four orders only one ended up being ok. I got sweet FA as good will gesture. Just waiting for refunds now.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol I thought those were simply the ones he ordered...no gesture..

Boquoi

Reaction score
Someone on the shop floor at Carmina has a grudge against Styleforum members ???

I received shoes that had to be sent back, and only then became a member after that. No one is safe. ?

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
“This guy is crazy ordering this shoe in bourbon shell, let’s do it in amaretto tio “

Cal135

Reaction score
These are from the latest custom weekend - museum shell that was supposed to be Bordeaux, but ended up being Whiskey-ish. At first I thought sending them back, but as the boots look perfect in received colour, I decided to keep them rather than waiting for replacement in 2035. For the future orders (have one pair in works for my wife), I think I will go back to other makers.
20201215_163343.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads