• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

elsalvatrucha

Reaction score
I love Alden as well but almost impossible to get any shell in non Color 8 or Black. Carmina is amazing on that front.

janoy89

Reaction score
The recent reports has me hesitant about trying MTO now, which sucks because Carmina makes one of the nicest wingtip boots I've ever seen

Carmina2.jpg

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone said that diplomacy is to keep the other one from knowing the horrors of what you truly think about him.

I would want to encourage the gentlemen on this thread to make an effort and steer this dialog back to a Carmina themed conversation.
Bit sexist of you. You refer to “him” in the general comment on diplomacy. Believe it or not, men do not constitute 100% of the population ?

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The recent reports has me hesitant about trying MTO now, which sucks because Carmina makes one of the nicest wingtip boots I've ever seen

View attachment 1561096
I shall be impartial here and say ignore mine or other people’s comments. Best to go by your own experience. Give them a try. Of the approx 17 pairs I have , approx 2/3 are without fault. So it’s not like they can’t make good shoes.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1561096
I'm on the fence too. Thinking about some bourbon shell 973s, but its a big risk for a cool grand during the MTO weekend.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I shall be impartial here and say ignore mine or other people’s comments. Best to go by your own experience. Give them a try. Of the approx 17 pairs I have , approx 2/3 are without fault. So it’s not like they can’t make good shoes.
It’s normal again ??‍♂️

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm on the fence too. Thinking about some bourbon shell 973s, but its a big risk for a cool grand during the MTO weekend.
I think someone on here suggested they’re more careful with shell given cost of raw materials.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads