• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Both are Russian calf, from Bakers I believe.

Thanks! Sadly, this isn’t all of it, though it is most.
I got hit with the Carmina bug back in 2012, but sadly had to sell quite a few pairs as my foot shrunk a few years back?

h.mikhail.h

Reaction score
Gentlemen, do any of you happen to have a few photos of shoes with Medallion 2? Carmina-Medallion-Options.jpg

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that´s why Carmina is so fantastic accomodating MTOs for shoe lovers (I wont compare to any other maker/country/region). Just check their evolution to fit the international market. So if Carmina is so closed minded go and figure the rest of the companies here. Seriously, your simplistic comment made me laugh..."unique character?"- Please, learn the history of Spain and you will see the social complexity and cultural diversity that coexist here.
Ya que tu eres Espanol, como yo, y mis hermanos y mi madre viven allI, te lo voy a decir en Espanol. “Unique character” quizas no es el vocablo correcto, lo que quise decir es que los Espanoles no le comen mierda a nadie, y a los exigentes y arrogantes mal educados los mandan a tomar por el culo..no importa cuanto estan pagando.

now really back to the shoes, I have 2 pairs of Carmina and they are beautiful by the way, I love them.. pero si me hubiera puesto de arrogante quizas me hubieran jodido

Last edited:

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
los Espanoles no le comen mierda a nadie, y a los exigentes y arrogant es mal educados los mandan a tomar por el culo..no importa cuanto estan pagando.
Ando de metiche pero es cierto, se puede decir los Españoles son fríos y demasiado directos.

elsalvatrucha

Reaction score
All my experiences with Carmina have been perfect, including the two MTOs. I wonder how much of the QC issues might just be a classic example of a company that scale too fast without having proper controls and management team (as opposed to cultural). I have seen some of the same issues with Allbirds were some of the newer pairs were definitely smaller / had quality issues.

Anyways, for anyone thinking of Carmina shoes I would give them a five star review if anything just hoping they take market share from those elitist bastards at Alden.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anyways, for anyone thinking of Carmina shoes I would give them a five star review if anything just hoping they take market share from those elitist bastards at Alden.

I love Alden ?

I like them both but I am 1 for 2 with each of them:
- Carmina sent me a beautiful pair of Dark Brown Repello Suede 531 PTB but also a Brown Pebble Calfskin 531 PTB with mismatched colors that was returned.
- Alden sent me a beautiful pair of Snuff Suede 9794 LWB and then a pair of Hummus Suede 9503 PTB with mismatched heels that should have been seconds.

My takeaway is none of them are perfect and in my experience this is how they rate from worst to best: Meermin < Allen Edmonds < Alden/Carmina (tied) < Grant Stone

IMG_2454.jpg
Heels 1.jpg

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heels look bad, I guess I have been lucky through the years I don’t think I have ever received a bad pair of anything including 3 pairs of Carmina, a bunch of Alden, Vass, AE, and several English. Even with sizing I’m very lucky ( or standard). The only reason I have hated shoes is that I hate them in person after I receive them. I even love my Thursday boots they are perfect.

The ones I despised the most were a pair of Alfred Sargent double monks, I really discovered I dislike double monks with all my heart. I wear those monstrosities only once.. man they made me feel like an idiot so bad and conscious. I’m no stylish at alI.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Heels look bad, I guess I have been lucky through the years I don’t think I have ever received a bad pair of anything including 3 pairs of Carmina, a bunch of Alden, Vass, AE, and several English. Even with sizing I’m very lucky ( or standard). The only reason I have hated shoes is that I hate them in person after I receive them. I even love my Thursday boots they are perfect.

The ones I despised the most were a pair of Alfred Sargent double monks, I really discovered I dislike double monks with all my heart. I wear those monstrosities only once.. man they made me feel like an idiot so bad and conscious. I’m no stylish at alI.

There is a much greater difference between how bad Meermin and AE are versus generally how good Alden and Carmina are when all things are considered. I have sent back at least 30 pairs of AE in the past 18 months because the QC was truly that terrible (as in more obvious than that Alden heel shown above).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads