• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I think at some point, I would've just said ******* and gotten a refund.
Mm, that’s what I thought last week. I think I’d have let it roll if they hadn’t ignored two messages prior asking for an update. Didn’t install much confidence and this poor guy waited nearly a year, or as 2020 was a decade!

trevorplease

Reaction score
Looks like I’m not the only one getting different coloured shoes ??‍♂️?
Braver man than I, I took the refund..
I think at some point, I would've just said ******* and gotten a refund.

on top of the MTO sale in April I had a 30 or 40 off for a prior fckup. Wasn’t about to let that go to waste. They offered an extra 10% off that. I think I paid ~ $400 all in all.

I’m just glad they take care of their customers even though it takes a long time

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
on top of the MTO sale in April I had a 30 or 40 off for a prior fckup. Wasn’t about to let that go to waste. They offered an extra 10% off that. I think I paid ~ $400 all in all.

I’m just glad they take care of their customers even though it takes a long time
$400ish got shell chukkas, yeah, I’d suck it up. That’s a great price.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Split toe tassels.

Satchmo Borealis

Reaction score
Carmina Forest.jpg

These arrived today - Norwegian in Polo suede on Forest last. The intention was to shop a pair for my wife and I was tempted. And they were in the sale:p Very nice shoes and no QC issues as far as I can tell (photo a bit distorted). Have been buying Vass all autumn so maybe immune due to "Vass Charm":bounce2: My second pair of Carmina after a pair of loafers, also on Forest. Both pairs extremely comfortable, but these derbies are a notch above.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1538042
These arrived today - Norwegian in Polo suede on Forest last. The intention was to shop a pair for my wife and I was tempted. And they were in the sale:p Very nice shoes and no QC issues as far as I can tell (photo a bit distorted). Have been buying Vass all autumn so maybe immune due to "Vass Charm":bounce2: My second pair of Carmina after a pair of loafers, also on Forest. Both pairs extremely comfortable, but these derbies are a notch above.
Lovely shoes and very versatile. I’ve three pairs of the above shoe in different suedes.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1538042
Nice! I'm quite tempted by those too.

Elderidge

Reaction score
View attachment 1538042

Lucky you, these sold out in my size instantly when they first went on sale

pekingman

Reaction score
So, stuff has been getting to customs that was sent before transition, customs has gone through it, returns it for not having the relevant customs documents...stuff was backed up due to covid as well, its just been a bit of a nightmare in that respect.

Not just Brexit related it seems ... I feel your pain!

I ordered two pairs from stock on sale at on Dec. 1st. Received a shipping notification on Dec. 10th - shipment tracking by Dec 22nd showed that they were stuck in customs leaving Spain due to incomplete paperwork :(

Tried to contact Carmina, but this was of course over the Christmas period, so the next tracking update was (as is still stuck at) "in the process of being returned (to Carmina)".

At least these are loafers (one pair for me and one for my wife), so I won't actually need them here in Beijing for another few months!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics