• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attention Carmina lovers. I saw this Ladfavorite post on instagram and found them on google. Must be a big time scam. They're showing Carmina shoes for dirt cheap prices. Very curious. I',m going to copy Carmina and see what they say.
Definitely a scam. No way can guy buy carminas that cheap ???

trevorplease

Reaction score
My MTO from April 2020 is finally over after multiple remakes I think it’s finally OK. It’s still not perfect but OK. If you guys remember my first pair had those horrible lines (stretch marks?) on the side. This pair still has a few but you can’t really see it unless you’re inches away and looking for it .

2072B552-282A-4B3A-B7D7-D927EC8C7603.jpeg 12F88CDB-F2D3-4B9C-95A4-3C1D4047CAAC.jpeg

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My MTO from April 2020 is finally over after multiple remakes I think it’s finally OK. It’s still not perfect but OK. If you guys remember my first pair had those horrible lines (stretch marks?) on the side. This pair still has a few but you can’t really see it unless you’re inches away and looking for it .

View attachment 1536360 View attachment 1536361
Look lovely. But several remakes? ?

trevorplease

Reaction score
Look lovely. But several remakes? ?
First pair was the wrong color and had stretch marks on the side panels. (Done End of June)

Second pair was OK but for some reason had a ton of creases on the back heel panel area , they asked if I wanted another so I took it. (Done end of September)

This final pair is OK, they misaligned the back heel panel by a few MM and there are hole punctures where I assume the stitching would normally go. Also one shoe is lighter than the other but just slightly.

C5BC6A21-E0B7-4FF7-9665-1D402E688531.jpeg

so all in all 2 to 3 months for each remake and I’m finally satisfied. Man these are comfy. The unlined shell just cradles yo feet

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
First pair was the wrong color and had stretch marks on the side panels. (Done End of June)

Second pair was OK but for some reason had a ton of creases on the back heel panel area , they asked if I wanted another so I took it. (Done end of September)

This final pair is OK, they misaligned the back heel panel by a few MM and there are hole punctures where I assume the stitching would normally go. Also one shoe is lighter than the other but just slightly.

View attachment 1536369

so all in all 2 to 3 months for each remake and I’m finally satisfied. Man these are comfy. The unlined shell just cradles yo feet

Those are lasting holes on the back. I don't think that would be considered a defect, although I don't think it's typical for Carmina. My natural shell pair are also very slightly different colors depending upon the angle, etc. I think that comes with the territory on natural shell... Nice boots!

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1536369

Looks like I’m not the only one getting different coloured shoes ??‍♂️?

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are lasting holes on the back. I don't think that would be considered a defect, although I don't think it's typical for Carmina. My natural shell pair are also very slightly different colors depending upon the angle, etc. I think that comes with the territory on natural shell... Nice boots!
What are lasting holes? Pinning the leather to the last?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

View attachment 1536360 View attachment 1536361
Braver man than I, I took the refund..

DcDrape

Reaction score
I am hoping that maybe there are some narrow feet people lurking on this forum. I absolutely love the style of carmina but tend to have a narrow foot that has prevented me from wearing most normal width shoes. In Allen Edmonds, I wear between a B and a C width (C rubs my outside toe just slightly too much). I am hoping someone on here can either provide details as to how the simpson last fits or if people have found the rain last to be narrower than other brands.

I personally like the rain last much better than the simpson but the only narrow rain available is through MTO so ideally I would like to get an idea of fit before going down that path.

Thanks in advance for any info you could provide!

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1536369

I think at some point, I would've just said ******* and gotten a refund.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads