• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe dumb to ask, but did you brush the suede? Could just be that it got rubbed the wrong way. I recently bought a pair of EG suede that had spots like that and they just needed to be brushed the correct way
Yes, going to give it a go. A light brush. Main thing is there are no dug in marks. I use the sapphir suede sprays , so this should even out any blemishes.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You’re right, they do. These are slightly different suedes (one has a longer nap) and while it’s not obvious when wearing them, the difference is there. Supremely comfortable though, which makes up for it a little.
View attachment 1509385

For the 500$+ Carmina is at now I wouldn’t accept this.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suspect prices have been creeping up due to raw material costs rather than Carmina trying to increase profit. This being, you’re right, not on for shoes at this price level.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are hand sewn Blake stitched shoes and were €100 or so cheaper than their GW shoes, but it’s a fair point nonetheless.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve same issue. Lucky that mine are navy and less noticeable. Annoying that they’d pull this stunt. It’s the fault of whoever is clicking the leather. They should inspect the leather first. It’s common sense.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are hand sewn Blake stitched shoes and were €100 or so cheaper than their GW shoes, but it’s a fair point nonetheless.
Blake stitch? I didn’t think this was an option on split toes. Are you sure they’d Blake stitched and not a Goodyear welt that’s glued at the back ?

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve same issue. Lucky that mine are navy and less noticeable. Annoying that they’d pull this stunt. It’s the fault of whoever is clicking the leather. They should inspect the leather first. It’s common sense.

Exactly this. At the level they are this really shouldn’t happen and given the scale of their operation is it really such a waste that one last bit of a hide doesn’t get used right away? (And basically sits there until a new hide with a similar tone and nap comes in)

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine are navy as well - the colour is way off in that picture, it’s not as noticeable in real life but irritating nonetheless - you expect variation in a material like shell, but not suede.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly this. At the level they are this really shouldn’t happen and given the scale of their operation is it really such a waste that one last bit of a hide doesn’t get used right away? (And basically sits there until a new hide with a similar tone and nap comes in)
One of the pairs I sent back, had a deep dint . I hope the remake isn’t of one shoe. Any difference between the two , and they’re going back for a refund.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You’re right, they do. These are slightly different suedes (one has a longer nap) and while it’s not obvious when wearing them, the difference is there. Supremely comfortable though, which makes up for it a little.
View attachment 1509385
Unless I’m colour blind, these are brown not navy ?

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blake stitch? I didn’t think this was an option on split toes. Are you sure they’d Blake stitched and not a Goodyear welt that’s glued at the back ?
They aren’t split toes.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely navy. The tassels are brown. Blame my iPhone 6 camera ?
Wtf! ???
Oh! I bet mine and yours were manufactured at the same time. They’ve probably mixed our hides ???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads