• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eddie.Lin

Reaction score
Um, excuse me, who is this “boot tree maker” you speak of?
The maker is located in Guangdong, China... so unless you are in or near China, don't think it would be economical to send in your shoes/boots to have the trees made.

Bonus pic of another boot trees she made for other people ;)

Image_20201129150151.jpg

Eddie.Lin

Reaction score
Seems we have the same size, can he make a replica of your trees or do you really have to sent your shoes in?
If it's the same last, same size and same style (boots/oxford etc.), then I think she should be able to make a replica with having to send the shoes in. This pair of Chelsea is in Balitx last I think.

Reaction score
Just received my order from the latest custom weekend:

- Work Boot 973
- Simpson Last
- Brown Elbamat Leather
- Dainite Sole
- Vintage Brass Eyelets

Pretty happy with the outcome!

Attachments

• Carmina_1.jpg
    Carmina_1.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Carmina_2.jpg
    Carmina_2.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 98
  • Carmina_3.jpg
    Carmina_3.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 84

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find that most models actually benefit from the storm welt as Carmina's shoes are rather sleek.

Do you've got any experience with the Llubi last and how it compares to the oscar last?
I agree re. storm welt on Carmina lasts, however I find Oscar to be sufficiently robust. Forest definitely benefits from storm welt

No experience with Llubi

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Hey guys! Probably silly question but here goes! For past 2 years I’ve been thinking about getting a pair of cordovan from carmina. Now I have some extra money incoming so could finally afford.. but question... only 2 styles that appeal to me is wholecut and full strap penny loafer... and I have enough penny loafers! Now the question is... how casual would a cordovan wholecut look compared to calfskin? Now I don’t need a black tie-smart, but is it smart enough for flannels? What about water stains? Bloom? I don’t mind brushing after every couple wears, but a full care routine after every couple wears would get pretty tiring...

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Probably silly question but here goes! For past 2 years I’ve been thinking about getting a pair of cordovan from carmina. Now I have some extra money incoming so could finally afford.. but question... only 2 styles that appeal to me is wholecut and full strap penny loafer... and I have enough penny loafers! Now the question is... how casual would a cordovan wholecut look compared to calfskin? Now I don’t need a black tie-smart, but is it smart enough for flannels? What about water stains? Bloom? I don’t mind brushing after every couple wears, but a full care routine after every couple wears would get pretty tiring...
Wholecut is probably the most formal shoe you can get. Just my personal view , Ok with nice flannel trousers. Cordovan , certainly in UK, more “casual” than calf.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Wholecut is probably the most formal shoe you can get. Just my personal view , Ok with nice flannel trousers. Cordovan , certainly in UK, more “casual” than calf.
That’s exactly why I was asking. A clash of super formal style with casual material. I remember someone posting a while ago that cordovan wholecut were too casual and unlike calf he couldn’t deal with care required keeping them presentable... so I’m asking do they need much more care to keep them nice and shiny compared to calf... and how much more casual would they turn out to be? If calf wholecut is navy worsted trousers than colour 8 cordovan wholecut is...? Grey flannels? Dark olive corduroys?

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
How about cordovan (non-wholecut) chelseas? They strike the balance between casual style and elegance. On a rubber sole it is about the most versatile pair in today's ever-lowering level of formality...

EUtroll

Reaction score
A PTB wouldn't cut it?

I think that's the ultimate shell model.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads