• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some nice color on those...
I have been gradually working on them with different color creams to make them less red and darker in color.

I also spilled a gin and tonic on them a few months ago which caused some problems to say the least.:rolleyes:

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oooooo nice looking. Thanks for the input.

Pictures from today. Interesting to see what weight does with feet by the way. I am 25 kilos lighter now than I was 5 years ago. Then the shoes felt tight and the lacings wouldn't close, now the shoes are a tad too big for my feet.

20201126_113511.jpg
20201126_113518.jpg

cr2596

Reaction score
Pictures from today. Interesting to see what weight does with feet by the way. I am 25 kilos lighter now than I was 5 years ago. Then the shoes felt tight and the lacings wouldn't close, now the shoes are a tad too big for my feet.

View attachment 1505196 View attachment 1505197
Yup. I’ve lost out on a few pair over the last few years for the same reason. Had to let them go.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few more pictures and details. I ordered this boot during the rare shell GMTO back in September. Initially I was leaning towards getting another u-tip boot in Amaretto shell, but then came across this "WWII Field Boot" Carmina produced for Epaulet during early to mid 2010s. I'm a sucker for 8 eyelet boots and leather pull-tabs (although I neve use them) and was instantly hooked.

I'd ordered the boot with flat welt similar to original model, and had requested thick double leather soles similar to soles used in boots with storm welt. My instructions must've confused the artisans at the factory, and they ended up adding storm welt. No complaints from me though as the end product is spectacular in my humble opinion. Overall finish is near flawless, similar to my other MTOs. The biggest thing about these boots though is the fact that Carmina allowed me to place what is essentially a single MTO order for a discontinued model. I feel most other makers would've required significant upcharge.

1_DSC_0998.JPG
2_DSC_0999.JPG
3_DSC_1000.JPG
4_DSC_0984.JPG
5_DSC_0994.JPG
6_DSC_0985.JPG

Last edited:

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few more pictures and details. I ordered this boot during the rare shell GMTO back in September. Initially I was leaning towards getting another u-tip boot in Amaretto shell, but then came across this "WWII Field Boot" Carmina produced for Epaulet in mid-2010s. I'm a sucker for 8 eyelet boots and leather pull-tabs (although I neve use them) and was instantly hooked.

I'd ordered the boot with flat welt similar to original model, but had requested use of thick double leather soles similar to soles used for boots with storm welt. My instructions must've confused the artisans at the factory, and they ended up adding storm welt. No complaints from me though as the end product is spectacular in my humble opinion. Overall finish is near flawless, similar to my other MTOs. The biggest thing about these boots though is the fact that Carmina allowed me to place what is essentially a single MTO order for a discontinued model. I feel most other makers would've required significant upcharge.

View attachment 1506467 View attachment 1506468 View attachment 1506469 View attachment 1506470 View attachment 1506471 View attachment 1506472
I must say I agree with you. I am not a fan of the storm welt, it imminently caught my attention, but I like it a lot in this case.

I also love the color. There is a lot of variation on what qualifies as color 4. For me that is perfect. Well done

bootyboy

Reaction score
A few more pictures and details. I ordered this boot during the rare shell GMTO back in September. Initially I was leaning towards getting another u-tip boot in Amaretto shell, but then came across this "WWII Field Boot" Carmina produced for Epaulet in mid-2010s. I'm a sucker for 8 eyelet boots and leather pull-tabs (although I neve use them) and was instantly hooked.

I'd ordered the boot with flat welt similar to original model, but had requested use of thick double leather soles similar to soles used for boots with storm welt. My instructions must've confused the artisans at the factory, and they ended up adding storm welt. No complaints from me though as the end product is spectacular in my humble opinion. Overall finish is near flawless, similar to my other MTOs. The biggest thing about these boots though is the fact that Carmina allowed me to place what is essentially a single MTO order for a discontinued model. I feel most other makers would've required significant upcharge.

View attachment 1506467 View attachment 1506468 View attachment 1506469 View attachment 1506470 View attachment 1506471 View attachment 1506472
very nice pair, already giving me ideas for the next SF GMTO pair

EUtroll

Reaction score
I find that most models actually benefit from the storm welt as Carmina's shoes are rather sleek.

Do you've got any experience with the Llubi last and how it compares to the oscar last?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few more pictures and details. I ordered this boot during the rare shell GMTO back in September. Initially I was leaning towards getting another u-tip boot in Amaretto shell, but then came across this "WWII Field Boot" Carmina produced for Epaulet during early to mid 2010s. I'm a sucker for 8 eyelet boots and leather pull-tabs (although I neve use them) and was instantly hooked.

I'd ordered the boot with flat welt similar to original model, and had requested thick double leather soles similar to soles used in boots with storm welt. My instructions must've confused the artisans at the factory, and they ended up adding storm welt. No complaints from me though as the end product is spectacular in my humble opinion. Overall finish is near flawless, similar to my other MTOs. The biggest thing about these boots though is the fact that Carmina allowed me to place what is essentially a single MTO order for a discontinued model. I feel most other makers would've required significant upcharge.

Absotively, posilutely GORGEOUS!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads